C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Voice Commands on C6 RT4 Telephone

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 03:06pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, I find myself using the RT4 telephone (that's the one with the Hard Disk Head Unit) all the time. I was hoping to test out the voice command method, but can't seem to find instructions in the Navidrive handbook that make any sense.

Apparently I'm supposed to push on the headlamp stalk to activate voice mode?

Should anything pop up in the screen when I do this?

Was it a option that had to be specified?

Regards
G
smorphet   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 05:23pm
Member No: #88
Yes, push the button on the end of the headlamp stalk and the voice recognition display appears on the screen. If I remember correctly there's a sound too, and then you have a certain amount of time to speak the command. You should definitely be able to tell that something is happening.

Is there perhaps a setting in a configuration menu somewhere that you need to activate first?

Steve.
black_exclusive   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 05:42pm
Member No: #126
smorphet wrote ...

Yes, push the button on the end of the headlamp stalk and the voice recognition display appears on the screen. If I remember correctly there's a sound too, and then you have a certain amount of time to speak the command.

That's correct!
RichardKC6   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 06:28pm
Member No: #49
On the RT4 voice commands are standard. Press the end of the headlamp stalk, and it should pop up with a window (I forget what it says, but it's probably voice command or something) and a progress bar which indicates a time out. You can say things like "Guide To <contact name - a recorded shortcut, not speech-to-text>', or "Display Trip Computer/Navigation/Audio", or "Audio Jukebox/Radio" and so forth. There's a list of commands available in the system; if you don't talk it'll display them.
gmerry   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 07:31pm
Member No: #21
Hi all thanks for replies. I'm coming to the conclusion that the system is broken. I push the button and nothing happens. I've checked in configuration like some here have suggested and there's nothing there that says it has to be switched on or off.

thanks
G
pclark   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 08:06pm
Member No: #3
It's in Configuration - Sounds - Voice Control settings.

Also if you press 'Menu' for a few seconds a 'hidden' menu comes up which includes a list of words or phrases that the system will recognise.

You can say "what can I say?" at any menu stage and it lists possible commands.

While on this subject if i say "Navigate" then "destination" it comes up with a window saying ' Directory Empty'. How do you access the directory to put addresses in it?

Similarly with the Bluetooth phone function (RT5) if I say "call" it also comes up with 'directory empty' even though when using the phone manually it comes up with the numbers from my iphone phone book. Maybe the voice commands only work with the inbuilt 'SIM' phone rather than Bluetooth?
smorphet   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 08:31pm
pclark wrote ...
How do you access the directory to put addresses in it?

I have added a few phone numbers and navigation destinations via the menu system, phone keypad, etc., and they all seem to end up in the same list. Accessing them by voice commands is still on my to-do list. I _think_ it uses the same directory but first we have to record our own voice tags for each item.

If you edit a record there's an icon with a little red square in a box. I'm guessing that if I select that red square and speak a name for the record, I'll then be able to dial that person, or navigate to their house, using a voice command. I'd be out there now trying it out, but my car is at the garage having its suspension adjusted.

Steve.

RichardKC6   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 09:22pm
On an 09, isn't it still RT4 with SIM?
pclark   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 10:16pm
Richard,Yes the RT4 will be SIM phone only but I was referring to my RT5 in the last part of my reply. Some of the 'SIM' phone functions are still in the menu such as the facility to read out SMS messages - this doesn't work through Bluetooth. I'm wondering whether the RT5 still has the full SIM phone with Bluetooth as an add-on. The Slot for the SIM card with the carrier is certainly still there. I'll investigate when I get time maybe tomorrow or at the weekend.
smorphet   
Thu Aug 26 2010, 10:19pm
RichardKC6 wrote ...

On an 09, isn't it still RT4 with SIM?

It is. At least it is on my car, which is a little older than its registration suggests. I don't know about the Bluetooth aspect of pclark's RT5, but was under the impression that the voice command stuff was similar. Am I mistaken?

Steve.
RichardKC6   
Sat Aug 28 2010, 06:08pm
pclark wrote ...

Richard,Yes the RT4 will be SIM phone only but I was referring to my RT5 in the last part of my reply. Some of the 'SIM' phone functions are still in the menu such as the facility to read out SMS messages - this doesn't work through Bluetooth. I'm wondering whether the RT5 still has the full SIM phone with Bluetooth as an add-on. The Slot for the SIM card with the carrier is certainly still there. I'll investigate when I get time maybe tomorrow or at the weekend.

I was thinking the call-related voice commands - like directory - might not work unless using a SIM-based solution. However, the "read text messages" doesn't - unless I'm being really stumped by tech for once - doesn't read the messages out.

if it does I'd really like to know how to get that to work!
pclark   
Tue Aug 31 2010, 10:18am
I checked the unit ,the SIM card slot and carrier is still there even with a Bluetooth equipped RT5. If a SIM was present and also a Bluetooth phone connected (different numbers of course) I wonder what would happen.
Oliver   
Sat Oct 16 2010, 05:52am
do you have software vers 8.11 installed?
pclark   
Mon Oct 18 2010, 12:46pm
Can someone please remind me how to show the software version. I've been on the menus and can't find it.
I've also searched these forums as I'm sure it's been explained before but can't find it.
Trainman   
Mon Oct 18 2010, 12:51pm

Member No: #86
Phillip,

Hold the Menu button down, with the unit switched on and the help menu comes up and has a diagnostics option, which then tells you the version
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club