Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Citroen 'Metropolis'/DS9 to replace the C6?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
James   
Sat Mar 24 2012, 03:03pm
Member No: #817
From the article
"The car will be built as part of Citroen’s joint venture with the Changan Automotive Group in Guangdong Province, and sold exclusively in China. There are no plans to bring it to the UK."

Shoot looks like the Place de la Concorde... "we're trying to sell this to Chinese Nouveau Riche, so iconic french location but Chinese people".
Dapprman   
Sat Mar 24 2012, 04:08pm
Member No: #710
My understanding is there are going to be both a DS6 and a DS9 based on the Metropolis concept. The DS9 is going to be China only, where as the DS6 should be a C6 replacement (lets hope decent suspension not the jittery hard stuff the present DSs seem to have) that will be sold in all of Citroen's markets.
Gobxoy   
Tue Mar 27 2012, 08:40am
Member No: #786
I agree with ciao_Chao, and they get more lumpy when they go into production. Proportions all wrong Imho. Last time I saw wheels that big were being drawn by horse.

I'll stick with my "New" C6 Collection date 2pm 2nd April, smoooooth operater.

Sorry to say I think the C6 could be the end of the line for big Citroëns as we know them. (Jim)

Gobxoy

C6Dave   
Tue Mar 27 2012, 05:04pm

Member No: #1
The thing about the C6 design is that it will not date, just like the original DS which looks as futuristic as it did back when it was launched.
Website
theguardian   
Tue Mar 27 2012, 08:05pm
Member No: #645
sorry to say guys the space age is here and here to stay you think it looks strange now they will get a lot worse in a few years time you wait & see.
not all new things are for the better ?
C6Dave   
Fri Apr 13 2012, 02:04pm

Member No: #1
Well they were in Paris making a 'promo' video of the car which has just been added to YouTube:

If there promoting it worldwide, will it be coming to the UK after all
Website
wiltscub   
Sun May 20 2012, 05:59pm
Member No: #886
Lest we forget, the Metropolis/Numéro 9 is a concept and though the Lignage/C6 lost little in translation, it is obvious that this couldn't make it onto the roads, including China's at it's current size.

As a style direction, I think it looks amazing from most angles, except the back - the spoiler for one and, is it me or does it look like a Reliant Scimitar?!

I hope they do a replacement for the C6, I pick up my first one next Saturday after dreaming of owning a big Citroën since I was 15!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club