Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Repair/replace central display (the satnav one)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
chrisisbd   
Tue Mar 07 2017, 01:26pm
Member No: #2258
I thought I had seen posts about this but I can't see any now. Are there any companies offering repair or replacement of the central satnav/radio/configure display?

How easy is it to remove? Our problem (a dead vertical band) might just be a bad connection somewhere.
MikeH   
Wed Mar 15 2017, 09:30am
Member No: #1555
Hi Chris,
I had the same dead vertical band and had to replace the display. I can wholly recommend Karim Dehmous in Alicante, Spain who was extraordinarily helpful. He supplied me a new unit for 270 Euros but bear in mind, this was a few years ago. His email address is e mail icon and hopefully he still supplies. The removal and replacement is fiddly, the wiring looms are a little too short, and it's a miserable place to get access. That said, with a little patience and knowledge, everything snaps into place. I took quite a lot of photos through the process and you would be welcome to them if you decide to replace the unit. Good luck and I've attached a couple of pics of my 'dead vertical band' for comparison.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club