C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Coolant level sensor retrofit solved.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tich731   
Sat Sep 16 2023, 08:38am
Member No: #3023
Further checks made and I may have blundered.

The Cartier sensor I fitted(because I had one) is for an XM; the same shape and fitting to the header tank BUT with a different plug and 2 separate probes into the tank.
I have measured the voltage on the signal wire at 0.65v. Vaho's guide suggests:-
5v normal level
0v low coolant
If the ECU is expecting 5v and is only receiving 0.65v, would that explain the false warning message? Any electronics/computer buffs able to advise?
Ralph
Eskimko   
Sun Jan 21 2024, 07:29pm
Member No: #5455
Can you tell me more precise where in diagbox is option to enable coolant level sensor. I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks
tich731   
Mon Jan 22 2024, 08:17am
Having obtained and fitted the correct sensor as described by Vaho, I did not need to Programme anything using Lexia. It worked exactly as required straight after fitting.
cruiserphil   
Tue Jan 23 2024, 12:03pm

Member No: #38
Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your successful outcome on this. I'm pleasantly surprised and take encouragement that the modification works on your 2009 car even though the feature was not available to activate in the ECU menus. Based on this, I'm going to proceed with fitting the modification to our 3.0HDi. This also has the coolant sensor option greyed out and I assumed the modification would not work in this case and didn't proceed. It's certainly worth a go!!

Best regards,

Phil C.
tich731   
Tue Jan 23 2024, 01:45pm
Hello Phil,

Follow Vaho's guide as I did and achieve a worthwhile outcome with the peace of mind that you will avoid an overheated engine.
One slight change I made was to run the additional wires in sheathing around the rear of the engine bay behind the bulkhead sound deadening.

Good luck
Ralph
cruiserphil   
Wed Jan 24 2024, 10:14am

Thanks Ralph,

I applied the mod to our 2007 2.7HDi (now in new ownership) and did what you suggested with the additional wires. It turned out very neat. The mod subsequently alerted me to a leaking coolant inlet tank before the situation got critical!!

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Sat Feb 10 2024, 08:20pm

Hello Ralph,

I sent you a PM about your engine fusebox if you could have a look.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club