2.2 HDi strange engine behavior

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
CitroSuède   
Sun Sep 25 2016, 05:02pm
Member No: #1582
Good evening Britain.

I haven't found anything according to my problem by searching the site.
This is what happens;
Time to time the engine gets into a mode where there's a slightly higher consumption in fuel and a slightly higher/harder engine sound. Exhausts also smells really bad. I suppose this is some kind of regenerating process in the FAP. (?)
The engine pretty softly jumps like a small misfiring when this mode kicks in and out.
BUT.... Recently the engine have starting to make a much harder "misfiring" jump, it feels really harsh and it even gets the transmission to make a "clonk" sound. It has occured a few times, always close to the usual "regeneration". Two hard jumping misfirings after each other. And some kilometers after that, two again.

I tried to do a regeneration with my lexia but it said that the car is to old for this (2007).

To the question; Is this a sign that the Eolys canister is empty? I have no warninglights nor faultcodes when doing a scan with lexia.
I can't find anything else than the citroën shop has been checking the eolys level at 80000 kilometers. The car now has 190000 km.

Those harsh "misfirings" might not even have anything to do with the FAP?
Since every thread I've read says that the car will tell me when eolys is to be topped up.
Greatful for information!
/Christian, Sweden
Dan595   
Mon Sep 26 2016, 11:09am
Member No: #299
The car will tell you (on the display) when the FAP additive needs to replenished (mine was at 250,000 km when it told me).

From what you say, if this is something to do with the FAP, it sounds more likely to the FAP itself than the additive - or something else entirely.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club