C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Restoration

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
eke   
Wed Jul 29 2020, 01:58pm
Member No: #624
Ok, good to hear that you managed. I was just remembering that I used Mirascripts RTXud.CMD to retrieve User_com.dat from RT5 and then edited it in PC with Windows-program RTXud.exe to do the configuration. But RTXud didn't change the Vin, only Diagbox could change that.

Br Eke
321dave   
Thu Jul 30 2020, 09:52pm
Member No: #614
eke wrote ...

Ok, good to hear that you managed. I was just remembering that I used Mirascripts RTXud.CMD to retrieve User_com.dat from RT5 and then edited it in PC with Windows-program RTXud.exe to do the configuration. But RTXud didn't change the Vin, only Diagbox could change that.

Br Eke

Hi Jas,
well done and thanks also to Eke for the help.

Would you have a photo or two to show where you went with the Fm cables. That would definitely help me speed up. Since I had to stop your now ahead of me in the conversion process, great to hear you got your sound issue sorted as well. What did the Facebook help suggest to do that fixed your problem?

Trainman   
Fri Jul 31 2020, 09:15am

Member No: #86
link to Mira scripts - Click Here -
321dave   
Mon Sep 06 2021, 02:41pm
Hello again, after many months of basic maintenance I am now back on the C6 restoration road again! A recent rough idle event turned out to Idir a leaking spill return seal on the back of I think injector 4 (besides the oil filler cap) or a really dirty sensor on top of the butterfly housing (which was cleaned with sensor cleaner) I think that sensor is a pressure sensor, not sure thought.
321dave   
Mon Sep 06 2021, 02:54pm
321dave wrote ...

Hello again, after many months of basic maintenance I am now back on the C6 restoration road again! A recent rough idle event turned out to Idir a leaking spill return seal on the back of I think injector 4 (besides the oil filler cap) or a really dirty sensor on top of the butterfly housing (which was cleaned with sensor cleaner) I think that sensor is a pressure sensor, not sure thought.

321dave   
Mon Sep 06 2021, 03:02pm
321dave wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

Did a leak off test on the 6 injectors, front 3 injectors weren’t to bad, but the access to the 3 rear was difficult but i managed to put back in the clips. As far as the test which i did. Parameters were 4 min with engine running and between 15ml - 26ml in the bottle.

I estimated I returned 42highest to the 38ml the lowest. Averaged around 40ml give or take and removed an estimate (you tube video source) 10ml in the primed clear tubing.

So my leak off result is just about ok! But a little over spec at average of 30ml where the limit is 26ml.

Any thoughts?

Jas16   
Sat Sep 11 2021, 12:57pm
Member No: #2994
Hi sorry for the lack of response, just back on the forum after a while. All has been good lately and I am even able to use the CD Changer in the boot.

Not sure how far you have got and what further info you were after.

I have ordered a usb cable so will be taking the radio out anyway in the next week or so, more than happy to take some photos
321dave   
Mon Sep 13 2021, 06:30am
Jas16 wrote ...

Hi sorry for the lack of response, just back on the forum after a while. All has been good lately and I am even able to use the CD Changer in the boot.

Not sure how far you have got and what further info you were after.

I have ordered a usb cable so will be taking the radio out anyway in the next week or so, more than happy to take some photos

Thanks Jas, I’m grand just wanted to update the forum record and keep it fresh for anyone thinking of buying a C6 in the future. I did manage the RT5 conversation during lock down and all worked very well (lovely high res screen). So my only issue is the radio volume is very high. But the sound is very good. So for the first turn of the volume knob it’s equivalent to a few turns of the old RT3 system.

Thats interest, I don’t think I have access to the CD changer? I believe it shows no communication. How did you manage to include it? Was it by using mirascript?
Jas16   
Mon Sep 13 2021, 10:16pm
Member No: #2994
more by accident than by design. Assume it is the Phibu conversion which helped
321dave   
Tue Sep 14 2021, 01:50pm
Jas16 wrote ...

more by accident than by design. Assume it is the Phibu conversion which helped

It was the phibu conversion cable i used.
Funnily i hadn’t notice till today as i wasn’t using car during lockdown, but I don’t have the vehicle information graphic available on screen? It the screen that shows oil & coolant temp and tyre pressures. I only have the trip computer part of that screen showing? Everything else works fine and is available, wonder why?

Maybe i need to setup something through Mirascript? RT3 to RT5 issues?
321dave   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 10:49am
Got the injector removal tool recently. Fitted it on last week and fits well. It’s the kit below.

321dave   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 10:51am

321dave   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 10:54am
If anyone wants to see 3 injectors removed/state, approx 140,000mls and counting, i will post some pictures up this weekend. I am planning to replace the air inlet cover on one bank as i have an air leak, unfortunately near the center
321dave   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 10:58am

If anyone wants to see 3 injectors removed/state, approx 140,000mls and counting, i will post some pictures up this weekend. I am planning to replace the air inlet cover on one bank which has an air leak, unfortunately near the center. It’s where the hole is taped over and you can see vapour!

[/quote1631703424]

cruiserphil   
Thu Sep 16 2021, 11:09am

Member No: #38
Hello 321Dave,

Have you removed them yet?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club