C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Inactive symbol on the dashboard?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
vaho   
Fri Aug 12 2016, 06:09am
Member No: #2228
When the sun shines on the dashboard you can see all the active and inactive symbols. There is one on the left just above the number zero of the rev. counter - a car and some stripes inside the triangle (partially visible on the photo). It indicates towards distance controlled cruise control but there is nothing in the handbooks nor have I seen the distinctive sensor plate on any of the C6-s. The same inactive symbol can be seen in the HUD. Does anybody know something about that, just wondering??

JPV   
Fri Aug 12 2016, 09:32am
Member No: #606
Isn’t it the lane departure warning?
vaho   
Fri Aug 12 2016, 10:07am
Member No: #2228
No, I dont think so. I have tested the funktion of lane departure warning system, and dont remember seeing any of the lights flashing on the dashboard during the vibration of the seat or when the LDW system is active.

I now think maybe Citroen initally designed a cruise control that can control the distance between other cars and reduce or increase the speed accordingly but this never went into production for some reason. The dashboard and HUD were already designed though and they just left it like that.
Interesting nevertheless.
travlician   
Fri Aug 12 2016, 10:36pm
Member No: #350
I've read before that radar based cruise control was originally planned for PSA vehicles but was never executed, don't remember where... Anyone up for an aftermarket version ?
321dave   
Sat Aug 13 2016, 12:31pm
Member No: #614
I think PSA have the radar cruise control coming for the new upcoming Peugeot 3008.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club