C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Intrument Panel not lighting, everything else OK

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
robingc33   
Wed Jul 06 2016, 07:40pm
Member No: #2303
No prob Jarecki and a s/h unit could be useful and a load cheaper if the mileage was right - and one could find one (difficult in the UK) - and assuming it didn't eventually have the same problem!
The only consolation in having the new one fitted (today!) is that it's guaranteed for a year or two. It's so good to have a working display again (famous last words!) after being without one for more than a couple of days since last November!
It would be interesting to know if the manufacturer updated the design at all during it's lifetime - or whether my new one is actually exactly the same design as the original :-|
gmerry   
Wed Jul 06 2016, 08:42pm
Member No: #21
It seems SpeedoRepair are still advertising that they can repair C6 instrument clusters
- Click Here -.

Has anyone spoken to them recently to see what the repair problems are?

Regards
G
Valleybuoy   
Tue Jul 12 2016, 05:12pm
Member No: #1069
Hi FreakyFrenchFan... I got it done @ PTS Motors. Think about £850 or so. Ordered in from France... the labour is next to nothing, and as part of that you have the pleasure of handing 20% to the gov't for VAT.

I am going to write to Citroen UK and ask for a contribution - I don't think it's fair...
e3steve   
Sat Aug 06 2016, 06:54am
Member No: #1163
As an aside to this thread: mine gave a problem, albeit briefly, during a trip to our French retreat (the outlaws') a couple of years back; I started the old thing up, one bright, sunny morning, pre-shopping excursion, and the display was barely visible in the sunlight. It was all there, but really dim. The centre LCD was fine (well, after a couple of those necessary RT3-warm-up minutes!).

We made our way into Boussac -- about twenty minutes' drive -- and did our usual Carrefour provisioning; jumped back on board, started up for the return journey and everything on the display was just fine & dandy. Full-on brightness back again...

I need to take CYX 'off the road' for a couple of weeks in order to send the BSI, engine ECU & COM2000 + both keys to Rolling Motion for repair/re-flashing (no comms with Lexia/Diagbox), so I'll whip the display out at that time and inspect the PCB under a bright light & magnifier.

I'll do a follow-up within this thread, with images, when I do so.
gil8338   
Thu Aug 11 2016, 05:10pm
Member No: #2512
My instrument display failed yesterday, was fine in the morning but obviously didn't like my new haircut as was blank when I started it up outside the barbers! It remained blank every time the ignition was turned. Today I spoke to a friendly chap at Autotronics and arranged for a repair, got home and went straight into the garage to remove the cluster and lo and behold it's mended itself overnight...... So the question is do I send the unit off anyway to see if they can spot anything and maybe head off a potential total failure or just put it down to a 'Citroen moment' and carry on as normal. Is it even possible to diagnose a fault on a working unit....?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club