C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Am I mad?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bqf   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 12:17pm
Hi all.

Considering a C6 to waft about in and commute in proper comfort. Been a sucker for Citroens in the past - first can was an AX, had 2x CX GTi's, and they've all had mad problems and driven me insane on a regular basis....

I'm looking at a 2008 2.7 Lignage. Will need a new aux belt soon, apparently - is that an easy/expensive job??

Are they good for big mileages or will everything start to fall apart from 100k miles?

Have I lost my marbles?
Thanks
Steve
gmerry   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 01:17pm
Member No: #21
Not sure that 100k miles is needed before things fail: my lower FRIP joint failed at 27k miles

Why the issue with auxiliary drive belt?

Overall, are you a DIY owner or just rich and like spending money on a car? There's several weaknesses in the cooling system so you will need to keep on top of these which requires replacement of several of the cooling system plastic parts, at quite low mileage usually. Not quick, cheap jobs.

But when running well, these cars are great!

Regards
G
Trainman   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 02:16pm

Member No: #86
bqf wrote ...
Have I lost my marbles?

Probably but I agree with G
magicands   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 06:44pm
Member No: #1021
I lost my marbles and a fist full of money on my C6.
Lovely when running well, sadly problem after problem killed my love for the car.
Good luck if you decide to jump in though.
Website
Jarecki   
Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:33am
Member No: #2069
My friend still running (500k mlies), and has second one C6, so it is not a rule that it must be broken. She likes to rest sometimes, and to be touched by professional (not from citroen service) an patient mechanic. That way she is quite cheap to service, fast and nice on the roads. But there are some rules and procedures you have to follow, eg. to change on time, not after seeing red ligt STOP - belts, liquids, out-inlet plastic engine connections, etc...
Now, after the Brexit - the prices of parts and cheap service from EU would be rising I think... (sorry I had to )
e3steve   
Wed Jun 29 2016, 12:30pm
Member No: #1163
bqf wrote ...

.... Have I lost my marbles?
Thanks
Steve
Yes. Same as the rest of us here! And there's no known cure; even magicands can't resist peeping in the box, from time to time...
dsharples   
Fri Jul 01 2016, 08:45pm
Member No: #119
Yeah, there's quite a few of us still here.
drummond   
Sat Jul 09 2016, 02:50pm
Member No: #238
Mmm, yes, I still find it exciting to wonder why it is worth it!

(see my other Citroens....)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club