Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Heater Issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
_feef_   
Tue Oct 11 2016, 11:18am
(As an aside, don't know why I can't login to my old account, so I've had to create a new one)

heater in my 2007 2.7 HDi Lignage has stopped working. It'll blow cool air, and the fan and direction controls all work, just not heat. I can't tell if the air-con is working as the ambient temp is around 10deg C today.

I've had a dig about the forums and it suggests the temp control flaps may have broken or stuck, but most of those references relate to it working on one side and not the other. As far as I can tell, in my case, it's just not working at all.

Shall I start looking at the control flaps? Would anything show up on Lexia if a motor is sticking/jamming?

tia
Hertz   
Wed Oct 26 2016, 07:33pm
Member No: #2670
Hi, I have simillar problem with 2.7 hdi. Try bliding cooling system - screw on pipe on left upper side of engine and small cap at servo. It helps me for some time and heater stops working after driving fast. I'm afraid about head gasket problem in my car.
cruiserphil   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 06:33pm

Member No: #38
Feef,

In Lexia you can certainly check for individual motor operation, but if I remember correctly you still have to check that the air is coming from the correct vents. However, if you turn off the fan, you will be able to hear if the relevant motor is operating when you operate the heater controls. if it is your probably looking at flap control.

Hertz,

If you have a head gasket problem you would be conscious of having to top up your coolant header on a regular basis.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club