C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Digital display failure

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
robingc33   
Mon Jun 13 2016, 08:23pm
Member No: #2303
The C6 latest mileage (which is also stored in the BSI), is viewable within the "Vehicle Info" header paragraph of a Diagbox global test report - with or without the display fitted.
I know this cause my display has been missing/under repair for several months
Robin
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Jun 14 2016, 01:27pm
Member No: #2057
Well my unit is on its way to Autotronics. They offer a two year guarantee on the work they do. Here's hoping they can fix it! The total cost including return postage is £219. The unit is very easy to remove.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Fri Jun 17 2016, 08:21am
Well that was short and painless. Just been informed by Autotronics that my instrument cluster has been repaired and is on it's way back to me. They have said that a "chip set" has been replaced consisting of four chips and a "soak test" done.Fortunately there was no damage to the PCB which made the repair easier. All I need to do now is refit it and cross my fingers.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Mon Jun 20 2016, 09:25am
The unit arrived this morning and was refitted in just 5 minutes and hey presto!...it works again!! Exemplary service from Autotronics. Very quick, very helpful and in my opinion £219 well spent. Their work is also guaranteed for 2 years.

Now to a slight problem. When the unit was removed it resulted in two warnings coming up. One was the engine management light showing with the "Depollution system fault" warning message. The other was an "Airbag system fault". As mentioned elsewhere in this thread the appearance of these warnings seem to be a common occurrence when the unit is removed. Since refit the airbag warning has cleared but the Depollution warning hasnt despite numerous restarts. So.....

FAO Steve Welsh. IF/WHEN YOU ATTEND THE NATIONAL RALLY AT ABBOTS RIPTON COULD YOU BRING YOUR LEXIA WITH YOU TO RESET THIS WARNING? Thanks in advance Steve.

PS- The Depollution fault could of course be a new genuine fault, it is a C6 after all !, but somehow I doubt it.

Cisco   
Mon Jun 20 2016, 11:53am
Member No: #1429
Freaky,

My warnings disappeared after two or three starts but it may be that a couple of good runs up to normal temp may be all that's needed to clear the dpf.

But as you say it's a C6

As a post script to this my revitalised dash is still working as intended and, as you can see, I'm not superstitious
321dave   
Mon Jun 20 2016, 12:59pm
Member No: #614
Great news about the returned and repaired displays. Hope all will be well for you guys now.
And now we have a repair route to follow for future troubles!
FreakyFrenchFan   
Mon Jun 20 2016, 06:07pm
More good news! The depollution warning that I mentioned above has now cleared. No need for the Lexia now Steve. So it's now normal service resumed for my wonderful C6.....until the next time it decides to test me. LOL!
Trainman   
Wed Jun 22 2016, 04:42am

Member No: #86
FreakyFrenchFan wrote ...

FAO Steve Welsh. IF/WHEN YOU ATTEND THE NATIONAL RALLY AT ABBOTS RIPTON COULD YOU BRING YOUR LEXIA WITH YOU TO RESET THIS WARNING? Thanks in advance Steve.

No problem Simon, always have it with me at a rally
Trainman   
Wed Jun 22 2016, 04:53am

Trainman wrote ...

No problem Simon, always have it with me at a rally

More good news! The depollution warning that I mentioned above has now cleared. No need for the Lexia now Steve. So it's now normal service resumed for my wonderful C6.....until the next time it decides to test me. LOL!

I'll bring it anyway, I know what you're like.........
FreakyFrenchFan   
Wed Jun 22 2016, 05:41am
Do you Steve? What's that then? LOL!
Valleybuoy   
Tue Jun 28 2016, 07:38am
Member No: #1069
I had the same failure - and the unit was sent away for review (I believe to Autotronics) who said beyond repair.

In the end - I got a new unit ordered in from France..and fitted by PTS Autos in Wokingham. It comes with a guarantee... and the mileage all showed up correct. Wasn't cheap though. Highly frustrating... as it doesn't improve car performance and really is just a failure of quality. Interesting to see the various posts on this site... looks like it's coming to us all... Boo Citroen. They should be part-funding.
Trainman   
Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:15am

Do you Steve? What's that then? LOL!

If I answered that, I'd have to ban myself
Junksleeper   
Fri Jan 06 2017, 01:38pm
Member No: #1605
Just had instrument cluster repaired at Autotronics in Leicester and really cannot praise the service I received highly enough. Mine was completely dead after a few months of it working intermittently. Called them and they said " bring it in and we should be able to repair it whilst you wait". I was sceptical after two attempts by other cowboys who'd bigged up their companies on the internet. But they did exactly that. I arrived today at 10.00 am and it was handed back to me repaired with a two year warranty at precisely 11.15 am. It cost £204 , worth every penny. Very happy to recommend them. They do a postal service for those not local.
Norman   
Sat Jan 07 2017, 08:56am
Member No: #364
I Had mine Repaired by Autotronics whilst i waited same price Excellent Service Five Star***** i have a thread somewhere.
Junksleeper   
Sat Jan 07 2017, 02:09pm
Member No: #1605
Norman, I did recall it was you who'd recommended them, many thanks for posting it. As usual this site and its members come up trumps yet again. Was digging around my invoices and found the one from Cluster repairs UK who returned mine unrepaired with the attached memo "Unit has suffered a prolonged heavy voltage surges resulting in the complete failure of main processor being damaged and main software being corrupted, this type of fault cannot be repaired" ( their poor grammar, not mine) what a load of baloney! Charged me 30 quid to lie to me, plus 30 quid postage. Thank goodness for outfits like Autotronics, thanks again.
Mike
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club