Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
2ilent8cho   
Wed May 11 2016, 06:49pm
Member No: #2626
Wanted a C6 since i saw first one about 10 years ago and aiming to get one next year, so googling my dream today to kill some time i came across this forum. Just need to get a few other things paid off this year so I'm in a better financial position, and by reading some of the threads here i will need a very deep wallet to keep one running.

If i'm going to get one it needs to have the things i want, so a few questions....

1) How common is the 'Lounge Pack' option? It must have this (and with the black leather)
2) Was bluetooth ever available and if so what year onwards? My current C5 has the telephone but has to have a SIM card in.
3) Is there a common mileage window on these where everything just seems to break?
4) Anything to look out for when buying one?
5) How rare are the 3.0 HDI versions? The car tax is half the price of the 2.7 V6 so a lot more appealing (the 2.2 felt way underpowered when i drove that one round a race track so don't want that engine)

Trainman   
Thu May 12 2016, 06:14am

Member No: #86
David,

firstly

To answer your questions:

1. Lounge Pack is quite common, as is the Black Leather.

2. Bluetooth was fitted, but only in the later models, specifically the 3.0HDi, otherwise it's the same SIM card set up you have in the C5.

3. No, the issues have a variety of different mileages/ages depending on how the car has been maintained.

4. Yes, the simple answer is to take into account the history of the car, the more history, the better. Having said that there are various threads on here about what to look at, ball joints, chrome trim, make sure all the buttons work, etc. the other thing is not to go off the registration plate for the age of the car, for instance a 50 plate car could actually be a 2007 vehicle. check the ORGA number which is a 5 digit number in the drivers door jamb (12345 CJ) using the calculator - Click Here -

5. 3.0 HDi's are rare, Only 36 were registered in the UK. The 2.7 Exclusive being the most common.
Hattershaun   
Thu May 12 2016, 05:58pm
Member No: #320
One minor point to add to Steve's note.
Bluetooth was a factory option on the cars without Sat Nav (rarely specified).
These models have a small display, only filling part of the central unit.

If Sat Nav was fitted the screen completely fills the central unit.
Exclusive spec always had Sat Nav (and the twin SIM card system).
Sat Nav was a factory option on Base & Lignage versions.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club