C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Doors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Chester   
Thu May 05 2016, 05:26pm
Member No: #2287
I'm a little embarrassed to have to post this given the situation but somehow yesterday whilst I was driving through a McDonald's drive-thru with my window open, I actually managed to drop my debit card down the gap were the window comes up!

So, my debit card is now stuck in the door of the car! I was basically wondering if the door is at all easy to take apart or should I just report the card as lost and get another one sent out to avoid the hassle?

When I put the window up and down now I can hear a bit of a squeak which I assume is my card being squished about in there, I'm hoping that can't potentially damage the window
Trainman   
Thu May 05 2016, 07:34pm

Member No: #86
From memory, quite sometime ago, I don't think it's to much of a job, BUT, it was a while ago I did it.
Hattershaun   
Thu May 05 2016, 09:28pm
Member No: #320
If you know what you are doing, then removing the door trim is quite straight forward. I've watched it being done several times, but not performed the act myself.
Just bare in mind the retail price of a complete door card is approaching £2000 the last time I looked on Citroen Service. So, not a piece of trim to play with on a trial and error basis unless you like taking risks or have plenty of money!
saxmaniac   
Thu May 05 2016, 09:38pm
Member No: #224
If you dare, you may find guidance under "C6 How to strip the front doors" in the sub-category "Interiors" of the Technical Documents of this site. I certainly would not.
Dan595   
Fri May 06 2016, 10:31am
Member No: #299
I've done a rear door card - very quickly (window motor was smoking and I didn't want the door card to get heat damaged so disconnected battery and whipped the door card off). Quite simple. Front may be more difficult. Not that easy to get back on with all fastenings squeak-free.

It might still be difficult to get the card out even with the door card off. I think I'd be calling my bank and asking for a new card anyway and worrying about retrieving the existing card later (if required).

If you are doing the job and disconnect the battery for any reason, don't forget to drop the window slightly first. And don't shut the boot!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club