Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Automotive nirvana at last

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dudge   
Wed Feb 03 2016, 03:47pm
For about 4 years I've been looking for a C6. I've had a soft top (Barchetta) and grown out of that, now I've got to a certain age with incipient arthritis I want a COMFORTABLE car. I also want something distinctive, well appointed and with a certain je ne sais quoi. After a long and fruitless search I fell upon "Celestine" - that's what I christened the car, a 3.0 HDI Executive which I'm going to keep for life. It never fails to invoke a warm and lovely glow of absolute contentment, which, at that certain age, you realise is a very much underrated feeling. Hello to you all
gmerry   
Wed Feb 03 2016, 04:50pm
Member No: #21
Hi Dudge, welcome to the forum. They certainly are unique
FraserG   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 01:25am
Member No: #2011
Hi Dudge,

I'm glad your search has been successful. An interesting choice of name for your C6 as mine is named Celeste after the Queen in Baba the elephant. Predictably mine is grey! She is big and perhaps a little heavy but very regal.

Cheers Fraser
Bishop   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 08:46am
Member No: #868
Well done on tracking down one of only 31 3.0l HDIs in the UK. I hope you manage to follow through on the "for life" comment; just prepare yourself a little for some stout bills along the way. That said, they are lovely cars that get under your skin and people love to see on the road - I have come to think of ownership as something of an act of public service .
userpco   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 01:44pm
Member No: #622
Bishop wrote ...

That said, they are lovely cars that get under your skin and people love to see on the road - I have come to think of ownership as something of an act of public service .

Well said!
Trainman   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 06:55pm

Member No: #86
Ditto and
cruiserphil   
Thu Feb 04 2016, 08:42pm

Member No: #38
Well done Dudge,

Silver car perchance?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club