Wed Nov 10 2010, 05:52pm
Member No: #82
Thanks, sounds interesting

ped
JimC   
Tue Dec 28 2010, 03:20pm
Member No: #229
c6bern wrote ...

I have one of these on order. Where is the easiest place to find 12v inside the glovebox?

I've just hard-wired a satnav and when looking for a 12 supply I noticed where someone had previously connected a wire... onto the large (3mm) yellow wire going into a gizmo to the right of the fuse consol inside the glovebox. I simply earthed my other wire to a bolt behind the dash. Warning: it doesn't go dead when Economy Mode activates.
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 29 2010, 09:27am

Member No: #1
Yellow on a C4 is a permanent live so I assume it's the same on the C6

Swapping the Red (switched) for Yellow (Permanent) feed wires can by pass economy mode for certain functions but be careful you don't leave anything turned on or you could flatten the batery
Website
JimC   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 09:00pm
I have a gizmo inside the glovebox with a USB port that I've connected a memory stick with multiple folders holding MP3s ... it acts just like a CD changer (haven't worked out how to get the player to display track info though.
However, there's another connection on the gizmo that looks very similar to an S-Video connection. Does anyone know what that does?
C6Dave   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 10:09pm

Member No: #1
USB Box display isn't as good as an MP3 Cd if using an iPod but you can get track info by pressing button 2 on the head unit

For MP3 CD or USB memory stick you have to create the folders in a specific way, this FAQ should help: - Click Here -

Plus large memory sticks are problematic so up to 4gb tends to be the best even though it's supposed to support 8gb
Website
pclark   
Sat Jul 09 2011, 08:14am
Member No: #3
The socket on the USB box that looks like an s video is for the iPod connecting cable. I think this is a standard lead that you can probably buy online. I wouldn't have thought Citroen dealers would supply the lead separately as it's part of the USB box kit.
JimC   
Sun Jul 17 2011, 06:58am
Thanks for that.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club