C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Steering and Suspension Questions

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dsharples   
Thu Dec 31 2015, 07:25pm
Member No: #119
Question 1 - If on the Lexia, I read the parameter values the steering angle reported as -127 degrees (and going up, i.e. less negative, when turning left) and turning slightly right makes it 51 degrees (and going up when steering further) - is this a problem? As I do have the Steering Fault...."No Communication with the Steering Wheel Angle Sensor/ Incorrect Value Received"

Question 2 - When I run the car on the road with the Lexia engaged, the suspension switches from "Soft" to the "Rough Road" setting (due to "compression") and then seems to stay there irrespective of road type. Is this normal?

The ride is fairly strongly damped despite new spheres all round...

Are these linked. Is the incorrect steering angle forcing the car to beleive I'm going through the Hafren Forest?

Thoughts welcome?
eduardomaio   
Fri Jan 01 2016, 01:57pm
Member No: #869
There's a bug if you check this values in the Suspension section.

Try the antilock or ABS area, not sure of the section name has I have mine installed in Portuguese. In there you will get the correct values and can even reset / align the steering angle sensor.
Website
dsharples   
Mon Jan 04 2016, 03:34pm
Member No: #119
Thanks. I did find the configuration options under the ABS Menu, but didn't want to fiddle without due advice! Are these values OK, or should they read differently?

My concern is about making things worse. Do the headlights use the same steering wheel sensor inputs - because if they do, they move fine?

Also, does anyone have any diagnostic insight as to the "rough road" switching of the suspension?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club