Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ststech   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 12:48am
Member No: #1845
has anyone ever removed ac condenser or coolant radiator
attached are instructions on removal,
i have followed these but the cooling cassette as they call it will not budge?

if you look at pic 2 it says remove the 3 bolts either side of coolant cassette then the lower left one numbered 4 in pic,
then move cassette forward but i have tried and it wont move.

i would have imagined that removing the top bolts and the lower one i cant find the fan unit should lift away surely ,or am i missing something ?

Website
cruiserphil   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 07:30am

Member No: #38
Hello Ststech,

I replaced the radiator on our ex 06 car. The cassette wouldn't budge on me either until I found the lower 4th screw. It's a bit obscure and not obvious as a mounting screw. Check down low on the right hand side (as you look in) of the cassette. Once removed the cassette will tilt backwards as shown on the instructions. To lift the radiator you may need an extra pair of hands to help you. I took photos of the bumper off and I'll check to see if I took a photo of the lower screw.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 08:21am

Ststech,

Unfortunately no photo of the screw. But looking at photos I took reminded me that it is down low on the right hand side (looking in) at the back of the cassette. I think there might be a cluster of wiring looms in front of it?

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Phil C.
ststech   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 11:48pm
cruiserphil wrote ...

Ststech,

Unfortunately no photo of the screw. But looking at photos I took reminded me that it is down low on the right hand side (looking in) at the back of the cassette. I think there might be a cluster of wiring looms in front of it?

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi phil
Thanks for info i haven't looked again yet due to poor weather,
when you say back of the cassette is that engine side or in front where fans are ?

regards Simon
Website
ststech   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 05:51am
Well i am darned if i can find it!
i have been out with a very bright led lamp and looked as its easier to see in dark with a lamp than sunlight all i can see is 2 10mm nuts either side at the top,
Anyone have any ideas or pics as to where this 4th fixing screw/bolt is?
Website
cruiserphil   
Sun Aug 23 2015, 06:48pm

Ststech,

You look in from the front of the car, side of the cassette down low. I have a photo of wiring looms which I think now was an attempt to photo its location. I'll post it for you, it might help you locate it.

Best regards,

Phil C.
drummond   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 10:41am
Member No: #238
I got the garage to replace the aircon radiator on my 2.2, (under guarantee), and they said that if I had had to pay for it they would have used an aftermarket, and much better, one at 1/3 of the price.

I don't know what it was, but any motor factors should be able to help.
cruiserphil   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 11:00am

Ststech,

Here's the photo. Screw 4 fits in empty hole visible below loom cluster in bracket in this photo if I remember correctly.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Thu Aug 27 2015, 09:10am

Ststech,

Did you have any success?

Best regards,

Phil C.
ststech   
Fri Sep 11 2015, 03:38pm
no success yet haven't worked out which screws have to be removed to enable bumper
to be removed,

im hoping i can find someone who is familiar with the c6 that would be willing to do the job for me i am based in somerset and have cash waiting
Website
e3steve   
Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:31am
Member No: #1163
ststech wrote ...

no success yet haven't worked out which screws have to be removed to enable bumper
to be removed,

im hoping i can find someone who is familiar with the c6 that would be willing to do the job for me i am based in somerset and have cash waiting
If you still need help, I don't mind a drive to Crewkerne to assist with the job. I could even bring you a new keyboard, complete with working 'shift' and various punctuation keys...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club