C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Radiator replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Wed Nov 25 2015, 05:18pm
Member No: #614
Hi Admin Dave, would you know if a downloadable PDF exists for removing the Radiator and any associated issues that could be linked with such an undertaking.

Kind regards
Dave
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 25 2015, 07:26pm

Member No: #1
In the archive now: - Click Here -
Website
cruiserphil   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 01:16pm

Member No: #38

You'll need to find the elusive screw/bolt - Click Here -

Best regards,

Phil C.
gmerry   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 01:37pm
Member No: #21
Hi Phil, just to clarify: if one is removing the radiator only (not fans, intercooler, ac condenser), is there any need to remove this 4th screw?

The downloaded instructions suggests that it is only the two clips at the top that secure the radiator.

Regards
G

PS, if that is the case, I would highly recommend radiator removal for the front EGR valve replacement.
321dave   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 01:40pm
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

You'll need to find the elusive screw/bolt - Click Here -

Best regards,

Phil C.

Thanks again Phil, much appreciated. I remembered that thread, but I was having trouble finding the corect thread for it. Many thanks for the link.
cruiserphil   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 04:19pm

Member No: #38
G,

Yes you have to release the screw so that you can push back the radiator towards the engine and have the clearance to pull the radiator up. Before releasing the screw I thought the radiator would lift but it wouldn't. When I found and released it, the radiator came out very handy and the replacement dropped in nicely. Just a note, the front bumper has to come off to access this screw. Once the bumper is off, radiator removal is straightforward (once you find the elusive screw), so if it makes egr replacement easier for anyone then l'd say don't be afraid to do it!

Brst regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club