Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Timbo   
Mon Oct 26 2015, 08:42am
Member No: #2297
Hi

Just Introducing myself

Ive been on the search for C6 2.7 for a while and have finally put a deposit on a C6
I live in Herts but managed to find a Deep Red 39K mile 2.7 Lignage at a garage in Northern Ireland -Im travelling over there to see family in 2 weeks so thought a small detour to collect the car in Belfast then a drive to Dublin ferry to Holyhead and a blast down the A5 should be a good Introduction to my Citroen .

I will run the Car on Shell Premium Diesel

and other pointers ?

BTW need to ask can someone recommend a good Indy or main dealer to look after my car in Herts

Cheers

Tim
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 26 2015, 10:26am

Member No: #1
Timbo wrote ...

BTW need to ask can someone recommend a good Indy or main dealer to look after my car in Herts

BL Autos are your best bet in Welwyn Garden City - Click Here -

They have a lot of C6 experience.
Website
Hattershaun   
Mon Oct 26 2015, 05:03pm
Member No: #320
Welcome Tim,

I'm in Herts and B.L.Autos, look after my cars very well & have done for 15+ years.
They are a friendly bunch and will usually give a new C6 a check over for you so you know what's what with it.
Maybe see you there some time.

Good luck with your new car, my first C6 was red, still love that colour.
jacktherev   
Mon Oct 26 2015, 09:03pm
Member No: #1423
Tim, glad you've made the purchase as they are a great car. I live in Antrim just outside Belfast if you want to meet up for a coffee let me know.
Timbo   
Tue Oct 27 2015, 11:22am
Jack

I would love to meet up but have to collect the car then tax it, sign all paperwork and drive to Dublin Airport as my wife is flying in from London .

Its my nieces 1st Birthday so unfortunately cannot hang around

Cheers

tim
cruiserphil   
Tue Oct 27 2015, 03:07pm

Member No: #38
Same here at the Dublin end Tim, but sounds like your under pressure!

Best of luck with the purchase!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Timbo   
Tue Oct 27 2015, 04:17pm
Phil

They live in Dalkey - just there for a few days then back on the Dublin Holyhead ferry from Dublin Port

Also looking forward to a trip over the Military Road to Glendalough with the family ( that will certainly test out the Citroen Suspension )

I would love to meet up with you all to chat about cars - been a car nut all my life - Fast Renaults / Porsches all my life - looking forward to some comfort now

Cheers

tim

jacktherev   
Thu Nov 05 2015, 03:44pm
Member No: #1423
Phil, not a problem and I hope you have picked up you're C6 and enjoying it. Who did you purchase it from?
Timbo   
Thu Nov 05 2015, 04:02pm
Jack

Buying the Car from Charles Hurst Belfast

Flying into Belfast City to collect it next week

cant wait

Cheers

tim
cruiserphil   
Thu Nov 05 2015, 07:32pm

Member No: #38
Timbo,

I bought our ex 06 car from Charles Hurst Belfast as well. Have to say I was very well looked after by them while I was there! Even phoned me several months later to check that everything was in order! Not dealing with Martin by any chance?

Best regards,

Phil C.

P.S. By the way, sent you a PM if you can check it?
robingc33   
Thu Nov 05 2015, 08:19pm
Member No: #2303
Hi Tim and good luck with the C6,

I've only had mine a month or two and there's a lot to enjoy and learn (and money to spend!)

Re garages...
Not exactly in Herts, but fairly close in case it's useful...
I used Duxford Garage, a long-time Citroen dealer on the A505 just east of Royston for a cambelt and water pump change on my C6 recently and was very happy with their work and general good advice; they still have some "hydraulic" people there. They also had a Citroen fixed-price offer on cambelt changes.

Based on my limited experience so far, I'd thoroughly recommend as a priority changing the gearbox fluid regularly. My '56 2.7 has only done 52k miles but sometimes has a jerky change when hot from 3>2 and vica-versa (after 20min/10mile drive) ; I've changed the fluid the requisite three times (much correspondence here and elsewhere) and, though it's better, it's not totally cured and I'm now contemplating a new valve/solenoid block. The original fluid was pretty dark and disgusting (and definitely shouldn't be sealed for life!!!).

Best regards,

Robin
Timbo   
Fri Nov 06 2015, 01:22pm
Robin

Thanks for the reply

Im counting down the days before I get the car

will update you all on the journey back

Cheers

tim
patcrean406   
Mon Nov 09 2015, 04:15pm
Member No: #1894
I saw that car in Charles Hurst. It looked immaculate.
Timbo   
Wed Nov 11 2015, 03:57pm
Pat

Thanks for that Ive been getting the jitters the last few days

I bought the car unseen which I hate doing although I have been on the look out for Months so kind of know the prices specs etc.

I paid the full amount yesterday !! - fingers crossed

Cheers

tim
Timbo   
Fri Nov 20 2015, 12:13pm
Afternoon,

Its been a week since I collected my C6 I have Increased the mileage by 500+ miles .
1st thoughts - its a big car and thank god it has the park assist...

My first 100 miles was in horrible windy rainy weather travelling from Belfast to Dublin in slow traffic which helped me get accustomed to the car and controls.

I started Panicking when the Engine light suddenly appeared on the dash and the De-pollution fault came up in the middle consul.

I was not a happy bunny that night and read various articles about what could have caused this - I phoned the garage the following morning and was at one time going to drive back to the garage .

I decided to fill the car with fuel as the petrol light came on and hey presto no more warning lights ,Im not sure whether it had some dubious supermarket fuel in but a fill up from ESSO has fixed the problem .

I also checked the tyres which were between 31 and 32psi and decided on 35psi all round which makes the car ride better .

I love the headlights, stereo and seats - my passengers cant believe how well the car rides .

I drove from Holyhead to Home which was approximately 300 odd miles on Wednesday night in the bad weather- I have done that journey in lots of cars and was very happy with the way the car ate the miles up .

I have found that over the twisty stuff the Sport mode and Stiffer suspension works extremely well - all in all a great car am pleased I made the purchase .

Is there a Citroen C6 get together in the New Year ?

Cheers

Tim
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club