C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Screen

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
COLINJ   
Sun Oct 04 2015, 11:11am
Member No: #697
Hi all, my screen which shows the mph, rev counter, etc, works intermittently. unlocking the car the screen suppose to show the mileage and when it does it works perfect and when it doesn't it wont light up. any ideas pls.
robingc33   
Mon Oct 05 2015, 10:37am
Member No: #2303
Hi Colin,

I don't have an instant/definitive answer but coincidentally, for the first few miles from cold on local roads at 9am this morning my 2006 C6 dashboard display also started flickering intermittently at different brightness levels, finally going off totally for a while. The HUD meantime remain constant.

The car seemed fine otherwise, so I thought I'd try "warming it up" a bit and took it for a high speed run up and down my local dual-carriageway for about 8 miles. As soon as it got up to speed the display came back on and stayed on normally.

So it strikes me as likely to be a dodgy/dirty connection to the display (maybe the earth) made worse by the cooler weather the last few mornings.

I've just been looking at the tech info on the site and it appears it may be possible to remove the display unit after removing the surrounding bezel and a couple of screws (any advice/confirmation welcome?). If so I'm going to try this when I have time and apply some electrical contact cleaner or similar to the display connection.

(I've not had the car long but, thinking back, I'm sure I've seen the odd flicker or two before)

Robin
COLINJ   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 09:10am
Member No: #697
Hi robingc33,

Mine doesn't flicker its either on or off its been doing it now for about 6months if its on it stops on until you turn the ignition off try again it might light up if not it stops off with no flickering hud works fine, looks like i, ll have to get citroen to have a look at it.

Many tks

Colinj

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club