Passenger door lower section out of alignment

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 08:29pm
Member No: #614
Hi all,
after spending most of the year resolving all the well talked about and important mechanical problems, I am now starting to look at finally fixing up the bad quality bodywork. I inherited a few problems in this department. The passenger door lower section appears to be out of alignment? Any thoughts on how to fix this? maybe it needs a new door? Or a new Lower section on the old door? Any ideas would be very appreciated. It closes normally at the top, so I'm assuming it was badly banged on a high curb or something bent it inward a little bit to cause the issue. Maybe a good pull on the lower door would reverse the problem!

321dave

drummond   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 10:35am
Member No: #238
Mine is exactly the same, in the same place, albeit on the drivers' side. I've had it for over 4 years, and it has not been anywhere that could have caused that! I think that when Citroen resprayed the doors a couple of years ago, they took them off and didn't replace them accurately. I could go back to West London, but it's rather far for that....

I actually think that it's the rear door which is out at the bottom, rather than the front door.
eduardomaio   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 09:05pm
Member No: #869
That part is plastic and it's hold in place by plastic clips, I have the same issue but not as pronounced as yours.

It seems it can be easily bent / warped when removing for a respray, add to that the heat from the sun or the paint booth...

Maybe taking it apart and adding new plastic clips will fix it or make it sit more flush with the rear door?
Website
321dave   
Mon Aug 24 2015, 09:33pm
Member No: #614
eduardomaio wrote ...

That part is plastic and it's hold in place by plastic clips, I have the same issue but not as pronounced as yours.

It seems it can be easily bent / warped when removing for a respray, add to that the heat from the sun or the paint booth...

Maybe taking it apart and adding new plastic clips will fix it or make it sit more flush with the rear door?

Thanks Guys for the great idea's to try out, I'll give it a really good look over next weekend when I get more time. I'll especially check the rear door as well. Never occurred to me that it might not be the front door! good idea to look at the clips as well. The car has been re-sprayed before so the possibility of the door been removed could be plausible as well. If I get any success with the realignment I'll post the pictures.

Kind regards
321dave

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club