Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Down to the silly stuff now --- No glove box lamp or visor lamps.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Wed Nov 02 2016, 12:36pm
Member No: #2793
Pleased to say I'm down to the completely irrelevant stuff now, but it would be nice to get them right anyway.

Symptom -- no function of the glove box lamp or the vanity mirror lamps.

I've checked the fuse mentioned in the handbook (Fuse 7, Box C) and it's fine. What I don't get however is any voltage reading on either of the prongs the fuse engages. I have tried it with doors open and closed; lights on and off; engine running. The other oddity is the handbook is clearly incorrect as it states the fuse also does the interior lights -- all of which work fine regardless of whether this fuse is in or out -- and the rear cigar lighter, which has to be nonsense as it would require very considerably more than a 5A fuse.

Any thoughts, or the relevant bit of the wiring diagram to cover these lamps much appreciated.

Mike.
nouveaucitroenist   
Wed Mar 29 2017, 12:16pm
Member No: #2222
I have just had the same issue. And the cause was?.... A box of Paracetamol.. that stopped the glove box shutting. I went through every fuse on the car and double checked the bulb, and the solution in the end was to disconnect the battery and leave it for 15 minutes, I had to start the engine after re-connection before the lamps came back on.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club