C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Wing mirrors don't dip in reverse

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David Hallworth   
Sun Jun 07 2015, 08:31pm

Member No: #90
On my 2.7 Exclusive I've noticed that neither of the wing mirrors dip when I put the car in reverse.

I've tried with the switch in the L position and the R position and neither of them budge.

Lexia has the following faults stored:

Passengers Door Module:
Permanent Fault
Rear view mirror adjustment information incorrect

Drivers Door Module:
Permanent Fault
Rear view mirror adjustment information incorrect

I've tried clearing these but they won't budge.

Citroen want crazy money for new mirrors, the passengers mirror is £734.44 and the drivers is £741.64.

It's annoying me as it's something that's meant to be there but doesn't work! I was just wondering if anyone has managed to strip down their mirrors and repair the fault by any chance?

David.
Trainman   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 04:37am

Member No: #86
Lets do a comparison test next weekend, fetch your Lexia with you and we can plug both cars in and get the info we need......
Norman   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 07:41am
Member No: #364
There are both mirrors on E-bay at £50 each at the weekend.
Also the door controller is listed
Norman
drummond   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 10:45am
Member No: #238
Trainman- I cleared mine with a (lot) of WD40.
Tjensen   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 11:25am
Member No: #954
Where did you put the WD-40 ? Mine are mentally unstable, waving after washing or other shocks, but less than once a month, so I live quite happily with the problem. (and no reverse dipping)
magicands   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 11:54am
Member No: #1021
Have you tried re programming the mirrors by moving them to the position that you want them to go to using the door buttons whilst in reverse gear, ignition on but no engine running.
This should solve the problem as it sounds to me like they have lost memory and are not seized?
(I think this is the routine for re programming but somebody may add to it)??
Website
David Hallworth   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 12:05pm

Member No: #90
I've tried to do it but can't remember if I had the engine running or not. Will give it another go later today, failing that, I'll do it when parked side by side at the DS rally with Steve at the weekend.

David.
321dave   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 12:21pm
Member No: #614
David Hallworth wrote ...

I've tried to do it but can't remember if I had the engine running or not. Will give it another go later today, failing that, I'll do it when parked side by side at the DS rally with Steve at the weekend.

David.

Hello David,
I had a similiar problem with my drivers mirror. So I bought a secondhand one from Germany. It was in great condition as well, glass and all! And problem solved. So it was in my case idir the door controller or the mirror, because I fitted the controller also from Germany as well. I has reconditioned the drivers door as part of my overall renovation of the 2007 C6 I bought. Must say, so far things are going great, bit by bit the car is coming back from the brink. After reading the story's on the forum, even thought the car aesthetically speaking was quite bad, but in other ways (electrically) it's quite good!

Anyway I hope that helps you a little bit more. Best of luck.

Kind regards
321dave
C6Dave   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 06:47pm

Member No: #1
Tjensen wrote ...

Where did you put the WD-40 ? Mine are mentally unstable, waving after washing or other shocks, but less than once a month, so I live quite happily with the problem. (and no reverse dipping)

There is a forum thread with images - Click Here -
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club