C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

What have they done to my mirrors?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PercyPorcelain   
Thu Mar 26 2015, 07:31pm
Member No: #2027
Over the years I've got pretty fed up with taking a car into the garage to get one problem fixed and coming out with another. (I'm always asked to believe it's a coincidence and nothing to do with them.) Anyway my garage has a tight corner to get cars into the workshop and I reckon they've forced the wing mirrors shut to get it round, and now neither of them work. I can't even hear the motor trying to engage, when they used to work perfectly and of course it was always an easy way to tell if I'd remembered to lock it up. Before I start remonstrating with them, can anyone advise if they are (easily) fixable?
Tjensen   
Sun Mar 29 2015, 05:36pm
Member No: #954
The switch is not very predictable, give it som tries
chillmax   
Sun Mar 29 2015, 06:30pm
Member No: #1648
That's terrible Perc, my guys would never do that, go somewhere else!!

JJ
Website
PercyPorcelain   
Mon Mar 30 2015, 08:46pm
Member No: #2027
Thanks for the tips, actually it's the old self-healing thing and my mirrors came back to life after a day or two. Thought I'd test if the angle adjusters were working when I was driving... when I did so I heard a bit of a buzz (as if something was reconnecting), then when I stopped and locked it up they sprang into life again and are now retracting like old times...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club