C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Radio reception

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Wantathreelitre   
Sat Jul 08 2017, 12:07pm
Member No: #3179
Whilst the stereo system is superb for CDs, the radio for any station is impossible to listen to. Aerials IMHO in glass are rubbish, but what can i do about it? A new rear window with aerial would cost mega dosh.
Sevenman   
Sat Jul 08 2017, 12:42pm
Member No: #2241
Perhaps there is a connection fault somewhere?

The radio in mine finds plenty of stations and stays locked on well. No issues with reception when trecking across the country.
pattersonoxford   
Sat Jul 08 2017, 02:03pm
Member No: #48
My radio has always had good reception and sound for the 9 years I've owned it.
Ciaran   
Sat Jul 08 2017, 06:00pm
Member No: #3087
Sounds like a fault.

I'm not sure where it is on the C6, but most cars that have an aerial in the glass have a small booster box which amplifies and cleans up the signal. If this, or the connection to it is suspect, you'll get poor reception.

My Dad had a succession of Sierra Sapphires in the 90s which all encountered this problem, the booster box embedded in the boot would eventually fail, resulting in terrible reception, poor holding of stations and any Medium Wave station would turn to static if the car drove under an overhead power line, requiring the radio to be powered off and back on before it could receive any MW stations again.

I'm unfamiliar with the exact C6 setup but it will be something similar.
e3steve   
Sun Jul 09 2017, 09:52am
Member No: #1163
The RT3 in my 2.7 does, at times, revert to mono reception, so I guess Magnetti Marelli, along with other tuner manufacturers, have a licensed version of Philips's "IAC" -- Interference Absorption Circuit -- first seen within their FM radios in the 70s. The reception is generally always good, though.

The RT5 in my other C6 doesn't seem to suffer is the same way; stereo reception seems pretty solid.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club