Problems opening boot and starting

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Annelee   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 04:03pm
Member No: #2912
Dear Members
We have a C6 Exclusive with the lounge pack. Because we do not get to drive her as often as we would like we kept the battery on a slow charge from under the bonnet to stop it going flat.
So now it is time for the MOT and we the engine does not turn over and the boot will not open.
Does anybody know how to release the boot in a C6 with the lounge pack? (The back seats are in a fixed position.....you probably know that already!).
As the battery is in the boot we cannot get to it to do a computer restart so can we remove a fuse instead of the battery?
Our lovely car is sitting on our driveway like a beautiful beached whale. Any help would be appreciated. I have rang a few garages and so far I have been told that I will probably have to make a long tool myself to put through the hole behind the armrest in the back. I am hoping there is an easier solution. Thanks guys.
furriegurrie   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 04:20pm
Member No: #2448
Can't you connect a spare battery with jump leads under the bonnet and open the boot after waiting about 1 minute?
There are 2 connections for this under the bonnet. One bare one for the minus and 1 under a red plastic cover for the plus....
Annelee   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 02:21pm
Member No: #2912
Thanks, but the battery (in the boot) isn't flat (we have been keeping it on charge using the 2 connections under the bonnet, a motorbike charger and an extension lead to the garage!). The electrics do work but the boot will not open and the engine does not turn over.

Is it possible to re-boot the computer by removing a fuse?

If anyone does know a tricks for the boot that would also be helpful.

If we didn't have the lounge pack we could put the back seats down and it appears that Citroen have not put in an accessible emergency boot release on the cars with the lounge pack.
Cisco   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 03:57pm
Member No: #1429
Hi Annelee,

I'm guessing you have access to the car interior and the ignition switches on so..if you have, or can borrow lexia or diagbox..

..The boot can be opened using diagbox in the same way that all the car's functions can be operated with it, but if there is a specific fault with the lock mechanism it might not open it. I'm guessing it will tho.

As far as opening the boot emergency release thro the ski-hatch, well good luck with that. The OM says to access it (non lounge-pack cars) with a screwdriver but doesn't elaborate. I had a look at my car and it looks like a torx T25, but check this with a garage..Robert at BL Autos should know and he is very helpful.

You will then need to rig up a pole with the correct driver tie-wrapped to it..Good Luck!!

ATB Frank

Dan595   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 07:08pm
Member No: #299
As Cisco says, Lexia/Diagbox can open the boot via the connector in the centre armrest.

The emergency release (from memory) needs a bladed screwdriver of suitable size. I've had to do it ... was surprisingly easy but then I have the folding seats.

Good luck.
c6kev   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 07:47am
Member No: #1508
If you remove the glove box (4 screws and 2 electrical connectors), you will find the BSI module behind it. This is the hub of the car's electronics systems.

LOWER ALL WINDOWS BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER!

Amongst the 10(?) electrical connectors, one of the smaller ones has a particularly thick red wire which is the power supply. Using a small screwdriver, slide the red(?) plastic tab sideways and you will be able to pull the connector clear. Leave it disconnected for a minute before re-connecting.

That should re-boot all of the electronics and leave you in the same position as having disconnected the battery. All of the usual resetting is then necessary:
window calibration
Air Con will have returned to default settings
Clock will have zeroed

With a bit of luck, that will solve the boot and starting problems as well.

Good luck,

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club