C6 PAS groan

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
emkay1985   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 10:29am
Member No: #1977
Hi Guys

First time posting as its my first C6, I am hoping that you guys could point me in the right direction, I have noticed a small leak at the front of my C6 and the PAS is now groaning slightly on a morning, when checking the reservoir it seems empty, can't see past the little basket.

I am not going to jump into this and add some LDS fluid, since its a Citroen, there will be a method to the madness, how do I safely add some LDS fluid? What general leaks are in that area - I read on here it could be the reservoir itself or possibly a clip?

I do apologise if this has all been asked before.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Dave
gmerry   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 12:42pm
Member No: #21
Hi Dave, the "correct" way to check the fluid level requires that the hydraulic be depressured (there is a download on this site).

Assuming you don't have a diagostic tool (eg Lexia) to electronically instruct the valves to effect the depressurisation, the normal practical workaround is to put the car on its lowest setting and check or add fluid until it is just lapping on the bottom of the basket (AND THEN TO OBSERVE VERY CAREFULLY THAT THE RESERVOIR CAP IS REMOVED EVERYTIME THE CAR IS JACKED WITH THE WHEEL(S) HANGING).

Regards
G
emkay1985   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 05:32pm
Member No: #1977
Hi G

Thanks for the info, I lowered the car and checked the tub, it took two litres, i then took it for a drive to make sure all seemed ok which it was then went on the hunt for the leak - which turned out to be the clip on the PAS cooler pipe under the drivers side, took it off and replaced with a adequate clip, all seems ok!

Thanks very much, I'm keeping the car so I am sure I will be pestering you guys in the future for some advice.

Thanks again, Dave

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club