C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

RT5 and handsfree bluetooth

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
rmonf24   
Sun Nov 05 2017, 12:43pm
Member No: #3300
hello to all I have an RT4 that could only put a duplicate GSM card of my phone, some have installed a bluetooth handsfree in the browser that is not the typical parrot?
PHaTGRoB   
Mon Nov 06 2017, 10:10pm
Member No: #994
Hi. I fitted an Xcarlink BlueTooth unit that plugs into the rear of my RD4 head unit. Not sure how these connect to an RT5 unit though, unless you disconnect the CD Changer. It works OK for a cheaper BT device and gives handsfree too, if you plug in and route the microphone. It's not perfect and the control of, for example, an iPhone via the head unit is slightly limited. However, it allows me to listen to Audible and my iPhone music on my daily commute, so overall I'm happy with it.
Swalleau   
Tue Nov 07 2017, 01:57pm
Member No: #3097
I use a phono cable with a 3.5 headphone connector plugged into the aux/video in. With my iPhone that allows music/audio playback. If I need to make or receive a call the microphone is still active so that gives me hands free. Siri also works fine. I put my phone in the well behind the gear lever, but it can go in the passenger side cup holder. Even in the much noisier other car this solution works fine, although the phone microphone works better if the phone is in a holder in an air vent.

No need to use Bluetooth, so no dongle to charge.

The only disadvantages are the sat nav overrides the aux when giving instructions. You can turn of the voice in the sat nav, which works for me most of the time. The other one is you have to take your phone out of you pocket and plug it in...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club