Tue Aug 03 2010, 10:17pm
Member No: #65
I was thinking of giving these a go: - Click Here -
A set of 4 for the price of a Michelin!

Pete.
Ped   
Tue Aug 03 2010, 10:50pm
Member No: #82
yes, saw those too. I think I'll avoid cheaper tyres as much as possible whilst I can afford to do so simply because of issues I have had with rapid tyre wear in the past. If you do try them I would be very interested to hear how you get on with them though.
Mike H   
Wed Aug 04 2010, 02:52am
Member No: #53
Yes there are a number of this type getting around. The Falken's are said to be a "silica" compound like the more expensive tyres, whatever that means.
At the othere end of the spectrum there is goodyear eagle f1 but goodyear also have a tyre called LS2000 II. does anyone know how these are?
Ped   
Thu Aug 05 2010, 10:50pm
I found one of my fronts had a nail in it and with a longish trip to make tomorrow I didn't fancy chancing it. As the tyres were very worn anyway I went to my local tyre place where I had a pair of Hancook V12s fitted, they were a tad more expensive than the Falkens (£150 each) but having just driven 40 miles on them they seem to be fine, no increase in noise and should last a long time.

Cheers
ped
michaelb   
Fri Aug 06 2010, 07:45am
Member No: #14
Ped wrote ...
I had a pair of Hancook V12s fitted,

Don't 'ya hate it when one nail costs you £300! Ouch.
Trainman   
Fri Aug 06 2010, 09:39am

Member No: #86
michaelb wrote ...

Ped wrote ...
I had a pair of Hancook V12s fitted,

Don't 'ya hate it when one nail costs you £300! Ouch.

Not as much as 2 nails costing £600
tonyrome   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 11:30am
Member No: #15
I have just been reading a Which? report on tyres. Out of 18 brands, the top 6 were:

1) Continental
2) Michelin
3) Bridgestone
4) Uniroyal
5) Goodyear
6) Pirelli

In each case (with the exception of the single, lesser brand - Uniroyal) the only negative point was the cost. In all other aspects, these brands were highly rated. This seems to confirm the recent German report I read, where they claimed the name brands were far superior.

Some mid price brands receive decent results but they tend to be good in certain sizes and not across the board. The budget tyres are terrible in anything other than dry conditions.

Any further thoughts about replacements for the C6? I'm not sure about using Falkens if they 'boom' at higher speeds but what about Continental and Bridgestone?
michaelb   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 12:28pm
Member No: #14
I had no complaints with the Goodyears I ran on my 166. I see on they're £160 on Delticom which isn't too bad.

Not a recommendation - just an observation.
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 12:40pm

Member No: #1
As an aside, Citroen are delivering quite a few new cars now with Bridgestone's fitted and not Michelins
Website
pclark   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 02:27pm
Member No: #3
According to the Bridgestone website they have made a deal with Citroen to supply tyres for the current C3 and DS3 ranges - the first time for 70 years that Citroen in Europe have used anything but Michelin.

Incidentally I've always wondered why Citroen continued with only one tyre supplier for all those years. Clearly Citroen were owned by Michelin from 1935-1974 so they had no alternative and Citroens were designed around Michelin tyres and vice-versa. Think of the 'X' radial and its derivatives on the Traction, 2CV and D series and others.

I assume when Peugeot aquired Citroen from Michelin they stipulated that Michelin Tyres continued to be used as part of the deal.
tonyrome   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 02:30pm
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
As an aside, Citroen are delivering quite a few new cars now with Bridgestone's fitted and not Michelins

Interesting! Any idea of the actual tyre model? Anyone on here using Bridgestones?
gmerry   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 04:00pm
Member No: #21
Tony, more than happy with my Falken ZE912s. Quiet around town. Good for high speed (French Motorway style). I hit some really torrential rain, must have been 4" deep and this was at speed. So passed the aquaplanning test! The tyre fitting company (whom I didn't purchase the tyres from) commented that these Japanese tyres are well made and don't suffer from tread & sidewall cracking like Michelins and some other premium tyres.

So overall will buy these again.
Regards
G
Ped   
Fri Sep 10 2010, 04:43pm
Hancooks are still going strong, no problems at all.
verycleverman   
Mon Nov 08 2010, 11:53pm
Member No: #65
verycleverman wrote ...

I was thinking of giving these a go: - Click Here -
A set of 4 for the price of a Michelin!

Pete.

Further to the above, I finally settled on a set of Autogrips from the same supplier. I seem to remember having tyres with a similar tread pattern to the Sunew on a C5 and they were quite noisy. Anyway, I had the Autogrips fitted and balanced in Macclesfield, fortunately not too far from me, almost two weeks ago. The total cost was GBP 270. So far, I have been unable to fault them. We have had some atrocious wet weather lately and they have been really surefooted. I even had to do an emergency stop in heavy rain and they were up to the task. As far as wear goes, only time will tell, but if I get half the life of a Michelin, I'm up on the deal. Oh, and they are fairly quiet as well. Certainly no noisier than the originals.

Pete.
datmbn   
Tue Nov 09 2010, 06:46am
Member No: #193
I just both a set of Sunny SN3830 225/55 R17 101V XL on steel rims for 500 euro. I haven't drive much with them yet so i cant tell if they are any good.

Here i Sweden you need to have 2 sets of tyers both winter and summer.

regards Mats
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club