Space saver spare tyre for Citroen C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
markp   
Thu Jul 24 2014, 11:24am
Member No: #1746
Hi,
I've just bought a space saver spare wheel and tyre. C6s never came with space savers (as far as I can tell), but some Peugeot 407s and 508s have ones that fit - although you should check this for yourself (mine is off a 407). Disclaimer: Of course, you use one at your own risk, I'm not qualified to tell you if it is a sensible thing to do!

The rolling radius is slightly lower than my 18" tyres.

The space saver size is 135/80 17.

I have tried the space saver out on the car for two miles - it clears the brake calliper fine. Note that your ASR and ABS may be out of action due to the slightly different rolling radius. Note the maximum speed rating on the wheel.

Other Citroen's do not share the wheel bolt spacing of the C6. DS5s have 4 bolt hubs for example.

I wanted one because my C6 (petrol V6) has an LPG conversion on it with the tank in the spare wheel well and the spare in the boot.

However, if you were to fit one you would gain benefit from lighter weight and extra space in the spare wheel well for tools and spares!

Just thought that I would share this info.

Cheers,

Mark
Tjensen   
Thu Jul 24 2014, 12:24pm
Member No: #954
The EURO 5 3,0 Hdi version (2009--->) has a space saver spare wheel due to less place due to large and new exhaust system

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club