C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Depollution fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Thu Jun 05 2014, 06:23pm

Member No: #1
You need to have a look in the onboard error log and see what the latest codes stored are.
Website
gmerry   
Thu Jun 05 2014, 07:04pm
Member No: #21
Hi Julian, thanks for the tip on doing the ABS sensor. The Citroen guide includes removal of exhaust, tank connections etc so good to know that the job can be done by just a partial lowering of an (empty) tank.

Regarding your depollution fault, as Dave says best to get codes. Also Lexia can access live readings which itself can provide a very good basis for diagnosis. But if your air flow sensors are good, there is a fair chance you have an EGR issue. Do you have any driving symptoms such as hesitation on pickup from idle, low power etc?

Regards
G
Julian   
Thu Jun 05 2014, 07:45pm
Member No: #1346
No symptoms at all...
Am taking it to the garage tomorrow to see what the codes say...
Julian   
Thu Jun 12 2014, 01:22pm
Member No: #1346
Well, finally sorted - it was an exhaust pressure sensor issue - pressure sensor piping had come adrift - fixed by Robert Lowdell! Worth 90 minutes in each direction.
grandadmark   
Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:52pm
Member No: #508
I have had the same message come up occasionally in the last two weeks. I intend taking the car into Frontlines garage soon but is there any problem running the car that means a rapid visit to them.
Cheers grandadmark
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 24 2014, 02:44pm

No problem running the car if it's intermittent, but if you need fuel, use a good one like Shell V Power or BP Ultra as it may help clean the sensors/injection system
Website
mercuryrv   
Wed Oct 08 2014, 10:50pm
Member No: #1848
Had the warning come up on mine WARNING, risk of DPF blocking, so removed the DPF, fitted a new one and everything now running fine, no more light, no more warning, price to fix it was £150.00, as for the performance, VERY much improved and less noise as well. Decided to weigh the old DPF against the new one, difference in weight 8kgs. My light and warning only came on when the car was booted, not any more!! Kindest regards, Simon
gmerry   
Thu Oct 09 2014, 08:18am
Member No: #21
Was the £150 just the cost of the labour?

How much for a genuine new Citroen DPF?

regards
G
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 09 2014, 10:13am

What was wrong with doing a 'forced Regeneration' of the DPF to clear it, then using fuel from the big suppliers, not supermarket diesel?
Website
mercuryrv   
Fri Oct 10 2014, 09:13pm
In the main you could try a forced regen, but at 120,000 miles it is suggested that it is changed anyway, wasting money on additives and the like I felt was not worth the effort, and after having weighed it, I now seriously I was not going to burn off and dump nearly 8kgs of soot/ash afterwards. The difference in noise and performance was actually noticeable not just perceived, and no more warning light or warning message. The cost was from our supplier on an exchange basis, £50 surcharge until the old unit is returned, so in my opinion I feel it was worth it. I do use Shell whatever it is called as and when, but heh is £150 too much to pay to get it back as it should be. Kind regards, Simon
mercuryrv   
Fri Oct 10 2014, 09:23pm
Sorry I missed out the answer to the point about the costs. We purchase the parts from our supplier, cost of part £150 plus VAT (we can reclaim the VAT) and a £50 surcharge until the old unit is returned, then we had four bolts to undo on the DPF (we actually used a nut splitter as it was easier and quicker) and then the rear exhaust clamp, remove the sensor and the reverse to put it all back with a new gasket between the DPF and the front pipe and new bolts in the rest of it. Job in total took around 1 hour. I would admit we did the job on our wheel lifts which fit like forks under each tyre, it then lifts it up to 8 foot in the air if you wish supported only by the tyres at two points on each tyre, so more secure than it stands on the road. In case anyone thinks that's unsafe, each unit has a capacity of 7 tons and we use them to lift 14 ton RV's in the air for servicing, we also use them for Dinitrol treatment on customers RV's, the C6 is next for a rustproofing treatment, I want to keep the girl clean and rust free. If anyone is interested in the next report on the C6 Service carried out at the dealer I mentioned in another post, check it out, due to collect it tomorrow.
jon_viola   
Fri Oct 10 2014, 11:45pm
Member No: #1829
Anyone tried adding 2 stroke oil? (FC spec of course) Might help clear things up for others....
speedfix   
Sat Oct 11 2014, 07:58pm
Member No: #1043
"The cost was from our supplier on an exchange basis, £50 surcharge until the old unit is returned,"

Imo the original DPF will not be a short term problem when pressure washed with suitable detergent, will go on for years if all else is ok.

One problem can be the EGR causing excess soot particles when sticking.

"Might help clear things up for others...."

As for 2-stroke fc spec IMO it has its advantages when adding to a tank of derv at about 200:1, will clean the fuel system [injector high pressure pump etc] and engine internals with a soot particle reduction of nearly half.

Testing is on going in Germany with results to be published when completed.

e3steve   
Sun Nov 02 2014, 08:49pm
Member No: #1163
EGR issues

I finally got to collect Colin's car from the body shop last weekend. A fabulous job by JRC Body Repairs at Fort Wallington, Fareham (no credit goes to CKI with their Teflon® shoulder apparel and even less to Winn's Solicitors in Newcastle for their procrastinations!). Top-drawer job on the rust spots along the doors' top edges and on the bonnet & front bumper. All the Roccastrada wheels match (since one had to be repaired due to the collision) and look brand new.

I digress...

Driving home it became apparent, very quickly, that the motor was in 'limp mode'. The EML was illuminated and the LCD was reporting 'Anti Pollution Fault' and 'Speed Control System Error'. Well, it had been sitting around for a couple of months, I suppose!

Upon reading the OBD, using a 'Snap-On' (other tool manufacturers are available!) Solus Ultra -- my Lexia is the Chinese version which only (half)works well in a WinXP environment; my old XP laptop needs a rebuild -- the fault codes showed up 'Turbo pressure regulation fault - front bank' and 'EGR valve stuck - rear bank' (oh, joy...).

Yesterday, after Googling 'EGR valve sticking', I found a YouTube video - Click Here - and decided to give this stuff a try.

Halfords only seemed to have a 'Wynns' EGR Valve Cleaner (£9.99 -- aerosol only, no diesel additive). I followed the video and the can instructions, taking the car for a 30-min drive after treatment. Still in limp mode when I got back home.

I slept on it, having returned to Halfords for another tin of Wynns, thinking I'd try a further application today.

Rather than having the car sit idling this morning for 20-30 minutes in order to achieve operating temperature, I went for a drive. The EML was still 'on' but it definitely wasn't in limp mode. It positively yomped along like it used to.

The cruise control worked. No errors in the Multifunction Display and no Anti-Pollution Fault!

I reset the fault codes again and drove around for the rest of today; about fifty miles or so. All good so far.

It seems that the EGR valve cleaner did its job after all!

Food for thought...
grandadmark   
Fri Dec 12 2014, 11:09am
Member No: #508
Depollution Fault.
Further to my post of 24 Sept the fault has reappeared and I have had a sensor replaced (a 027333 flowmeter) This has NOT fixed the problem.
has anyone any advice as to what to do next?
Should I have the filters replaced?
My garage has scared me with mutterings about the turbos and a large sum of money!
Regards grandadmark
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club