Suspension vibration wobble at speed from 70 upwards

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
frankieman   
Tue Jun 10 2014, 04:09pm
Member No: #978
Hi

Can anyone advise me of my next step if possible ,a few months ago my car started to vibrate quite badly at what appeared to be the front suspension so had the wheels balanced, the problem got worse so my local dealer advised it was probably the off side front wheel bearing so i had that replaced,

Well it wasn't that so the next dealer advice was it was the drive shaft so had that replaced, once this work was done, the dealer advised me that this had not fixed it so they fitted the other drive shaft FOC which was nice of them and i appreciate that,

However, the car is still vibrating/wobbling, not as bad but nevertheless its still there, can anyone give me any pointers for a possible culprit.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
C6Dave   
Tue Jun 10 2014, 05:21pm

Member No: #1
Could be warped Discs, warped wheel, worn drop links, worn suspension buses if you 100% sure that the wheels are balanced OK
Website
Rettopian   
Tue Jun 10 2014, 06:22pm
Member No: #1195
I know this might sound silly but....have you checked for excessive ware on the inside shoulders of the tyres?
michaelb   
Tue Jun 10 2014, 08:33pm
Member No: #14
Rettopian wrote ...

I know this might sound silly but....have you checked for excessive ware on the inside shoulders of the tyres?

That was my first thought.
ChrisHunter   
Wed Jun 11 2014, 11:22am
Member No: #188
Frip joint being almost worn-out can cause what might be thought to be wheel-balance vibrations ...

PS: sounds like you should go somewhere else for service, too !
Hawkie   
Thu Jun 12 2014, 09:21pm
Member No: #45
Have your checked the height of your C6? If it is just a little bit too high you may have a wobbling sensation.

Once I drove my XM in a higher position (first higher level to override an obstacle) and forgot to put it back to normal. It was then wobbling and I was scared that something serious had happened until I put it back to normal position again and the drive was as smooth as usual.

This happened also with the C6 and I could feel the wobbling tendency before the height was adjusted to normal.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club