C6Dave   
Mon Jul 26 2010, 08:59am

Member No: #1
Thanks for the heads up and nice to meet you at CCC Rally
Website
Trainman   
Mon Jul 26 2010, 11:44am

Member No: #86
Phillip, as Dave says thanks for this. To me it kind of defeats the object of DRL's to have the sidelights on as well especally with the law about DRL's set to change in 2012. I do like the idea of auto sidelights though.
tonyrome   
Mon Jul 26 2010, 01:36pm
Member No: #15
Trainman wrote ...
I do like the idea of auto sidelights though.

Huh? Driving with sidelights after sunset and before sunrise is illegal, so what exactly would be the point of sidelights which came on at dusk?!
Trainman   
Mon Jul 26 2010, 05:50pm

Member No: #86
Tony, I was trying to offer a subjective alternative to just the DRL's. I don't know about others but when using the sidelights as opposed to the DRL's the Navdrive goe's dimmer, unless it is automatically adjusted by the light sensor
verycleverman   
Mon Jul 26 2010, 10:20pm
Member No: #65
tonyrome wrote ...

Huh? Driving with sidelights after sunset and before sunrise is illegal, so what exactly would be the point of sidelights which came on at dusk?!

Half the problem is people referring to them as 'sidelights'. They are Parking Lights and should only be used for that purpose. For me, they should be disabled as soon as the engine is started.

Pete.
tonyrome   
Tue Jul 27 2010, 11:28am
Member No: #15
Trainman wrote ...
I was trying to offer a subjective alternative to just the DRL's.

The alternative to daytime running lights is the headlights, which you can set to come on automatically at dusk. Where's the problem?

verycleverman wrote ...
Half the problem is people referring to them as 'sidelights'. They are Parking Lights and should only be used for that purpose.

Exactly.
nickyg   
Tue Jun 07 2011, 11:49pm
Member No: #100
The dayrun bulb and its seemingly inseperable holder are not, in fact, inseperable.

The bulb can be removed exposing two long prongs, and a powerful multi led 501 bulb can be set in its place, after the pins on same have been bent downwards to mimic the original long prongs on our ridiculous oem bulb.

There, gave away a secret that could mark my C6 out from all t'others!
C6Dave   
Wed Jun 08 2011, 01:58pm

Member No: #1
Can you supply a link or more info on the LED bulb you used please as I want to do mine
Website
Chevrons   
Thu Jun 09 2011, 02:57pm
Member No: #85
I guess these are the type: - Click Here -
bdeithrick   
Sun Jul 03 2011, 02:15pm
Member No: #70
ok boys.
i fixed my mums polo centre rear brake cluster with a strip of 300mm white leds. you solder the wires direct to the strip and works well when 12v is applied.

i got from Maplin part no. N87CZ . Google the part no .

i did think it would look well in my mates transit rear brake lights because you can bend the strip into a circle or rectangle like the C6 day lights.
smihaialex   
Sun Aug 04 2013, 08:49pm
Member No: #1031
I actually had this happen to me: while driving through Hungary I got stopped by the POLICE, because they mistook the daytime running lights for fog lights... I explained, and showed the difference to the officer and he let me go, but he could have pretended not to speak any English and stick me with a ticket

On another note, regarding the position lights, there are 2 options for DRLs that can be toggled via DiagBox (formerly Lexia) - one with just DRLs on, the other with position lights also on with DRLs.

I have the second option selected, because I like to also have lights on at the rear at all times.

What I don't get is why would they pass a law against that? What's the logic here?!?

Cheerios,
Sam
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club