C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Head up display installation

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
pallasgs   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 09:39am
Member No: #1426
Is it possible to install a head up display if there is from the factory no one build in? Are there maybe cables/instalation prepared or has the C6 without head up a different installation then one C6 with head up? Has anyone an idea?

Thank you!
gmerry   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 09:56am
Member No: #21
There's a massive cutout in the top of the dashboard trim where the headup display sits... you would need this at least. No idea if a retrofit would be possible!

Regards
G
pallasgs   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 10:13am
Yes I saw the cutout. At least I need the display, the plastic frame around the display and the control panel left from the steering wheel. But I dont know if there is needed a different cable instalattion or maybe another computer unit or something else. Do all C6 have build in the same cable installation with empty plugins or are there more variants?

Regards, M
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 12:08pm

Member No: #1
pallasgs wrote ...

Do all C6 have build in the same cable installation with empty plugins or are there more variants?

Very good question. PM me your Vin and I'll try and check the harness part number, but it will take a while.

There are aftermarket HUD kits which may actually be simpler to fit than trying to retro fit the OEM one, which no doubt will be expensive
Website
pallasgs   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 01:12pm
C6Dave I sent you a PM with my C6 VIN. Will be glad if you can find some information about the HUD retro fit.

I just want to know if there is a possibility to retro fit the head up. I like original things, so an aftermarket HUD is for me not a option.

To get original head up and control panel as a spear part is not so hard and not so expensive, but to install it correctly is another thing.

C6Dave   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 04:29pm

From the Vin - the build of your car is a bit confusing as it's a 2.2 HDi but with full leather etc. so looks like it's a 'base' model car that was specified up as a factory order because 'Lignage' and Exclusive models came with the HUD as standard (well here in the UK)

The part number for the HU unit appears to be 6563 SJ and in the UK retails at £832.48 and has to ordered configured to the cars Vin, plus you will need the control panel used to select/deselect functions, raise and lower the display height PLUS a new windscreen as the HU one has a special coating........

Now the Fascia Harness on my 3.0 HDi is part number 6581 Y1 whilst on your car it's showing the same part number so in theory, the wiring is in place.

I assume that you have a blanking plate on the dash so why not try removing it and have a look under it for any wiring plugs not connected?

The wiring harness parts diagram is here: - Click Here -

However given that you need the HU display, the control unit, a windscreen and Lexia to activate various functions in the BSi it's going to be a very costly excercise if you use new parts.
Website
pallasgs   
Mon Mar 24 2014, 06:02pm
Thank you Dave. Yes my C6 is a intresting mixture...no head up, but leather and wood door storage...It should be imported from France. In Slovenia there are only a few C6 (almost all are 2.7) and all have head up even lignage without leather and with black door storage...

Probably next week I go to citroen service to change the acceleration pedal and to check the FAP. I will ask to remove the blanking plate then...

Thank you for now.
pallasgs   
Tue Mar 25 2014, 07:24pm
Today i opened the blanking plate but i couldt find any free conector or cable...So I think there are more variant of wiring types (for HUB and without HUB).
Are you sure that only the part (wiring) 6581 Y1 is avaiable?
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 26 2014, 07:09am

pallasgs wrote ...

Today i opened the blanking plate but i couldt find any free conector or cable...So I think there are more variant of wiring types (for HUB and without HUB).
Are you sure that only the part (wiring) 6581 Y1 is avaiable?

Nope, I just checked the parts diagrams based on your and my own Vin.

I don't and never have worked for Citroen, your cars build details is like nothing I have personally seen, so if you need to know any more, your going to have to ask Citroen.
Website
pallasgs   
Wed Mar 26 2014, 08:46am
OK, I uderstand. Will ask, but I think they wont know.

Thank you!
Regards

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club