C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Head light adjustment for driving in Europe

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PaulY   
Tue Feb 18 2014, 06:23pm
Member No: #142
I am planning to drive through northern France and Belgium for a long weekend trip this summer. It is many years since I drove a UK right hand drive car in Europe. Whilst looking up tips for travelling in France, I was reminded that it is a against the law to dirve without your headlights redirected (for driving on the right hand side) In the old days you used to buy some filters you could stick on the front of your lights temporarly, but then we all had simple flat headlights. How do you go about re-directing a UK Citroen C6 headlights? I am only going for 3 days, so don't want to do anthing that can't be easily reversed.
C6Dave   
Tue Feb 18 2014, 06:50pm

Member No: #1
Citroen themselves confirm that there is no need to do anything as the directional Xenon lamps have a flat beam.

It's been well discussed on site and if you were exporting the car on a permanent basis it may be different, but for short trips it should be fine.
Website
Jodyone   
Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:05pm
Member No: #1240
FWIW, I've been driving across europe for the last two weeks (3000 miles so far), without any modifications, on busy roads at night, and nobody has flashed their lights at me once. You'll be fine.
Rettopian   
Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:16pm
Member No: #1195
I drove through France last year & got flashed a few times. I had beam deflectors fitted but they appear to do little that's of practical benefit other than show the nice Gendarmes that you've tried!

For the sake of £6 it was probably worth it.....

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club