Tyres

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rettopian   
Thu Feb 13 2014, 08:44pm
Member No: #1195
Hi All,

Just a quick update after my first 11 months and 20,000 miles (32,000km) in a C6. Apart from early 'teething troubles' - i.e. worn front suspension & weeping front struts - eventually done under warranty so far nothing else has gone wrong. Total mileage now 65,500. (105,000 km)

The service came back with advisories that the front & rear brakes are worn & the discs lipped - but that's kind of expected really as occasionally I do need to bring the car to a halt! Also suggested replacement of a tyre - front right.

I can live with that as it's covered at least the 20,000 miles as I've only replaced 1 tyre due to a puncture.

The car goes for its MOT next week - just before the warranty expires - so that will be an interesting visit....

Managed to get a new Michelin Primacy 3 245/45R100 100W Extra load from the very fine chaps at Melksham Tyre Services (01225 703529)for £183 (Rather better that the £264 quote from Citroen). They also balanced the Left Front & checked the tracking in that for me. A Couple of weeks ago I had the nasty experience of hitting a very deep, water filled sink hole - sorry - pot hole with the most almighty thump. I feared that it had buckled a rim or bent some suspension componentry but having had it checked out is seems that all that had happened was that some balance weights has been knocked off in the shock leaving the steering with a nasty shimmy. With the rebalancing - its back to its smooth self!

I thought the £183 was good in comparison to other internet & non-internet suppliers. BUT Then a client of mine suggested I contact another supplier in Bristol - Ablefit (0117 961 5044) Very efficient on the phone - no idea what they are like face to face but the same tyre supplied & fitted including valves, balancing etc. - £163.

So for those living in the Wiltshire/Somerset/Gloucestershire patch & wanting the rather impressively strong & Long Lasting Michelins - these guys may be worth a call.

rogerandoutman   
Fri Feb 14 2014, 04:52pm
Member No: #466
As most of my C6 mileage is on motorways, I replaced my rears about a year ago with some Altenzo sport comforter tyres, designed in Australia, they have performed well, so decided to fit some on the front to replace worn Falkerns. after several trips to North Norfolk at an average speed of 55mph in the wet, I am pretty pleased especially at £ 160.00 for two fitted. Bought from tyretraders on line, but not that Halfrauds offer them also at higher costs.

However now average on a motorway run has dropped from 38 to 36.5 (they are C rated for fuel efficency). I would recommend them if your are feeling the pinch.

Just in case you think I dont care about tyres, I run my fun car on N rated Bridgstone Potenzas cost around £1000 for a set of 4.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club