C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Where to buy replacement Xenon bulbs?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Gobxoy   
Tue Sep 18 2012, 04:30pm
Member No: #786
OK got a little time now, I think the NS is changable without reoving anything but the OFS will need the LDS tank removed so if replacing both maybe just remove bumper? Not withstanding allowing time for the bulb capacitors to discharge (ouch)

Below is what you should see after the big round cover is removed in the last post.

Turn anti clockwise as arrowed electrical socket auto ejects. NOTE the small tang on the plug this goes into a slot on the bulb capacitor

Remove the black outer ring again anti clockwise Note position "TOP".

Next pic shows bulb (the small black thing Note the two cutouts approx 12 O'clock and 2 O'clock.

Here the bulb is removed and the two locating pinns are marked with red dots and the three yellow dots indicate where the bulb seats, so much care must be taken.

Refit in reverse order remember that the tab in the socket is up and away from you and must be fiited after the bulb is fitted and the capacitor, you cannot put the conector on the red and black capacitor it won't go.

Let me know if this helps, don't moan if I called something by the wrong name.

BTW in the last post you maybe able make out the crack (directly above the "open") in the previous post it went along the top by about 4-5" and let water in which is what I think gave me the warning signs.

Gobxoy   
Tue Oct 02 2012, 04:43pm
Member No: #786
Addendum to my earlier post it's the LDS tank not the coolant tank. I think it's just 2 nuts just under the wing edge.

Now corrected
Dan595   
Fri Mar 14 2014, 05:10pm
Member No: #299
Very useful posts from Gobxoy, much appreciated.

I have just replaced the nearside bulb on my car with no dismantling needed.

In typical Citroen (and most other headlights these days) fashion, access is not that good.

The 'black outer ring' frustrated my attempts to remove it until I realised that there is a 'lift up' prong (to the left of the 'top' marking in the picture.

Other than that, dead easy - although those with monster hands will struggle.

Interestingly the big round cap on the back of the lamp is a rubber part on my (2006-build) car, unlike the twist-off plastic part shown in the pictures.

Thanks again Gobxoy.
magicands   
Fri Mar 14 2014, 07:32pm
Member No: #1021
Very informative post, thatnks for the breakdown and the excellent photos to accompany it.
Website
Dan595   
Tue Apr 07 2015, 09:03am
Member No: #299
An update on bulb changing - just over a year after my n/s/f xenon failed, the o/s/f one needed replacement. I managed to change this without any dismantling, but did lose a bit of skin off the back of my hand in the process. May be easier to pull the bumper forward...
Leobx16v   
Tue Apr 07 2015, 12:22pm
Member No: #2090
One of my bulbs has gone pink, a striking look I'll admit. Just phoned around for a d2s and can pick up a ring for £35 which in my opinion is more worth while than getting a generic "cheaper" make oh and I'm changing in pairs!
gmerry   
Tue Apr 07 2015, 03:12pm
Member No: #21
Hi Leo, I decided to stick with a pair of original OSRAMs (optics are designed around this). I always thought Ring as a brand were a bit on the cheap side! Only downside of the OSRAMS was that they took several months to burn in and achieve the correct colour temperature.

Regards
G
Leobx16v   
Tue Apr 07 2015, 03:34pm
Member No: #2090
They seem to be quite good we use them at the garage and don't have problems with them so I'm going to see what they're like with xenons
Norman   
Wed Apr 08 2015, 10:20am
Member No: #364
One of mine had gone pink and the other one had gone wrong as the dip beam mechanism was diffused, Citroen Huddersfield replaced the bulbs and set the lights up the bulbs were £100 a piece.

Norman
keithc   
Wed May 11 2016, 09:19pm
Member No: #2584
When I first turned on my lights after buying the car, (for some reason it totally escaped me to try them on the test drive - but then it was the middle of a sunny day), the driver's side was very pink. So after a bit of research I decided to go original and got two new HID bulbs from Osram on Amazon. Got the bulbs for £28 each so was more than happy with that. - Click Here -

Bulbs came yesterday and I put them in this evening. And am thrilled I managed to do both sides without dismantling anything (thank feck I have small hands!). From start to finish it took me 25 mins to replace both sides. So as of now I have replaced all bulbs in the front and rear lights along with the number plate bulbs and the bulbs in the boot.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club