Is it possible?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
magicands   
Mon Jan 20 2014, 07:28pm
Member No: #1021
Hi,
would it be plausible to try and get a feed to my Sport & suspension buttons to ignite the LED's within them.
The switches work when buttons are pushed so power to the operational aspects is present.
Its just illumination that's gone astray, I assume this to be either a negative (-) feed or a positive(+)
Both the switches are NEW parts so I know that they are not at fault.
I can't find any wiring diagrams here (unless Dave knows of any) that help me so I guess I need to chat with a competent electrician. I would like to get them lit up though.
As some of you are aware my ambient lighting has also failed, as has my ashtray lamp which i did replace but to no avail. Not bothered about the latter 2 items but sport/Suspension buttons for me are a bit of a must.
Website
smihaialex   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 10:19am
Member No: #1031
I think the fact that they all failed is not random and it is an indicator that the failure resides somewhere else, somewhere upstream.

So, you need a savvy car electrician allright, as well as the willingness to take all of your car's interior appart in order to reach the cables and see what's what...

Good luck!

Sam
magicands   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 04:43pm
smihaialex wrote ...

I think the fact that they all failed is not random and it is an indicator that the failure resides somewhere else, somewhere upstream.

So, you need a savvy car electrician allright, as well as the willingness to take all of your car's interior appart in order to reach the cables and see what's what...

Good luck!

Sam

I reckon there is a simple explanation, arriving at it however could be complicated!!
Thanks though
Website
travlician   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 08:14pm
Member No: #350
Just a thought, if the ambient lighting is set to minimum there might be no illumination at all? Might be worth to check the manual to find the button that control ambient lighting levels!
Stealth   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 08:29pm
Member No: #986
That's the same button that controls the brightness of the instrument lights - just to the right of the main screen.
magicands   
Fri Jan 24 2014, 12:30pm
travlician wrote ...

Just a thought, if the ambient lighting is set to minimum there might be no illumination at all? Might be worth to check the manual to find the button that control ambient lighting levels!

Yes, Stealth is right & I've had that button set to its brightest level, nothing at all?
Website
Rettopian   
Tue Jan 28 2014, 10:03pm
Member No: #1195
A few days ago someone on the forum was discussing light strips in the doors.

Where in the doors? I cant see even a faint glimmer other than from the window/seat switches etc.

All other interior lights seem to be working just fine.

Is this a function that can be turned on/off in a menu somewhere?

Cheers
magicands   
Thu Jan 30 2014, 09:31pm
The interior door handle handle is located in a recessed area of the doors, if you feel above this (where the door cards protrudes) you will a plastic tube, quite long and slim, its hidden at the top of this in the recess.
This is the ambient door lighting tube, one in every door.
Mine don't work at all, not even with lighting turned up full using the buttons to the right of the screen display.
Website
Rettopian   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 01:40pm
Thanks Magicands

I shall have a look when the rain abates. So sometime next year then.
magicands   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 02:42pm
I hope that your's work !!
Let me know, when it stops raining of course.
Do Citroen make boats??
Website
magicands   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 02:56pm
Just for clarity I have included a photo here to show where the ambient lighting tubes can be found & also the dimmer/Bright switch.
Website
Rettopian   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:04pm
I've never seen a glimmer!

Do Citroen make boats? Well - we could say that we drive Citroens last great boat if the really do abandon hydro-pneumatics for good!

Otherwise - does this count?

- Click Here -
travlician   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 07:23pm
Member No: #350
Seems to me it's a rather bumpy ride for hydro pneumatic suspension

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club