Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

radio, navi, telephone etc went down, what to to?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Vilmes   
Thu Nov 07 2013, 07:33am
Hello,
this has happened to my 2006 C6 2,2 hdi exclusive:

The car came with french language installed and we followed the instructions in the manual/navi menue to change the language. We where asked to insert a CD and in lack of any other options I entered the CD that came with the car named: Systeme telematique, 6.62D, Magnetti Marelli

The system started reading and loading the CD but after a few minutes it stopped and claimed that the CD was incomplete or broken. Then the whole system shut down. At first it would not even allow to eject the CD. After a few restarts of the engine the CD would eject.
Later we heared that we should have done the CD reading procedure with a running enigine to ensure constant power supply.

Status now is that all functions like radio, navi and all displays are shut down. The display starts but only shows the citroen logotype and a the ready text.

A quickstop at the Citroengarage showed that the Citroen mecanic was no longer able to enter the system = could not read any error codes etc.

Battery has been connected to force a restart.
Dark button reset has been tried out. No change.

The Citroengarage now recommends to hand in the complete unit.

Is there anything else that could be tried out before?

Should we give the 6.62D CD another try?
Should we try to reboot with a different CD?
Where can we get a hold of reboot/update software?

We really look forward to hear from someone with similiar problems aswell as possible solutions.

m3mpower   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 01:12am
Member No: #662
Hi
It sounds like the unit is dead, wrong software update...
Unfortunately in this case, the solution is to change the headunit or get it repaired.
Website
kniuk   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 10:20am
Member No: #1287
I happen to have a RT4 radio configured for C6. It was orginally in my C6, then I upgraded to RT5 with bluetooth. All you need to do is change a front panel (not difficult if you dont have both left hands , because the RT5 I got was from C4 picasso which has different shape of front panel. If You are interedsted let me know, as it is lying on my desk for few months now I will be glad to get ride of it.
smihaialex   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 09:32am
Member No: #1031
@Vilmes: Definitely sounds like an interrupted software update, and if that's the case, you've just turned your head unit into a big and ugly paperweight

@m3mpower: wrong software?!? Shouldn't that be technically impossible?!? Shouldn't the unit have some form of failsafe disallowing initiating an update with the wrong software?!? And also, there's no way to put the old unit into forced software update mode and install the proper software?!? I mean even the cheapest of mobile phones (not smart phones) have a forced flashing procedure...

Cheerios,
Sam
m3mpower   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 10:49am
Member No: #662
smihaialex wrote ...

@Vilmes: Definitely sounds like an interrupted software update, and if that's the case, you've just turned your head unit into a big and ugly paperweight

@m3mpower: wrong software?!? Shouldn't that be technically impossible?!? Shouldn't the unit have some form of failsafe disallowing initiating an update with the wrong software?!? And also, there's no way to put the old unit into forced software update mode and install the proper software?!? I mean even the cheapest of mobile phones (not smart phones) have a forced flashing procedure...

Cheerios,
Sam

No, the RT3 will not detect the wrong software version and it won't warn you.
In the case of Vilmes, even though he used the right version, but the update went wrong, got stuck halfway.

there is no forced flashing procedure, certainly not by using a cd.

However, this RT3 can be repaired and be fully working again.

Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club