Citroen C6 2.2 Hdi Fuel Level

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Guilho   
Mon Oct 14 2013, 08:52am
Member No: #1178
Hello C6 fans,
Yesterday, after a 170 klm trip, my c6 suddently "lost" 3 fuel lights on the fuel indicator level at the same time. After that i turned off the engine and restarted it but the fuel level was the same when it lost 3 fuel lights. Is this normal ?
What could be a main causes for this to happen ?

Thanks
citrohanc6   
Mon Oct 14 2013, 03:01pm
Member No: #329
tree fuel lights corresponds with a 240 Km. drive. So maybe the float was stuck. Did you notice a lowering of the indicator whilst driving apart from the mentioned one?

Guilho   
Mon Oct 14 2013, 03:20pm
Yes, the car was lowering the fuel level correctly as i started my trip, the problem is that when i was arriving my destiny, the car suddently lowered 3 fuel light at the same time, as i explained above. very strange. I think the fuel level sensor has a problem. today i will fil up the tank and see what happens with the fuel indicator.
citrohanc6   
Mon Oct 14 2013, 09:29pm
Member No: #329
and what about the av. consumption; does it show an increase in litres/100km as well? (In an attempt to pin it down to an elctronical or mechanical fault).

If mechanical:
I once renewed the take-up unit in the diesel reservoir in the xm d and noted a jelly like substance that prevented the arm of the float to react too direct on body roll etc.
Does the 6 has an swivel arm in the tank as well?

If electronical:
Display leds or lcd will not seize by tree at once so it points to maybe PCB or signal to PCB
drummond   
Tue Oct 15 2013, 06:34am
Member No: #238
Guilho, fill it to the brim and reset the trip, then see what it does- should do about 750- 850km before it needs refuelling. If it shows a great increase, then look at the fuel filter, mine needed replacing at 35000km.

It is nevertheless probably an electrical fault!

Guilho   
Tue Oct 15 2013, 11:38am
Yesterday i refilled the tank and the fuel level was wrong because before the level indicator started to indicate a wrong fuel level, i had half tank of gas. When i refilled, the car took 35 litres of fuel (half tank), so the fuel level indicator had an electrical fault.
After the refill, the indicator level was good. It indicates full tank.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club