C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

How many C6 owners have owned / driven a CX

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dave Mc   
Sat May 08 2010, 12:03pm
Member No: #64
I've owned two, the first was a CX 25D Familliage. A huge beast but once I saw it for some reason I just had to have it. Kept it for almost two years until the problems started. Traded it in for a CX 25 Turbo II one of Citroens finest cars but in the end the cylinder head cracked along with other problems so it had to go.

I still prefer the C6 to any of the Citroens I've had the pleasure of owning including the GSA, CXs, BXs (the 4x4 was a mistake!!), Xantias (the V6 was superb) and XMs. It would seem that once you've been bitten by the Citroen bug you just keep on buying them.
michaelb   
Sat May 08 2010, 03:05pm
Member No: #14
I have to answer in the negative. The only other Citroën I've owned was a Dispatch van ('Jumpy' for our continental cousins). I've driven BXs and Xantias but never owned one.

I think anyone with petrol in veins has to like CXs - as witnessed by the number of positive comments on this thread over on the Alfa forum.
urb   
Sat May 08 2010, 04:26pm
Member No: #26
I have owned a CX Prestige ( 25cm longer than normal) .Great comfort , but the C6 has better comfort and
doesn't lean as much in corners ( As I can remember it ) .
Lazarus   
Sat May 08 2010, 04:31pm
I had to create a new account to respond, funny that.

So, I won't bother. I think it's sufficient to say that if a forum can't handle negative comments about a car, without trolling, without insults, and without contacting privately the members the forum owner has an issue with, it's really not worth the effort.

I'd think it was a server issue, but clearly a new account works fine. So, DaveC6, please delete this and RichardKC6 accounts, and I'll stick to the thicker skinned and frankly, more relevant forums on the Citroën Car Club. You've done some nice work here, it's a shame you don't have the confidence, perspective and generosity to make it a truly open forum.

I will not be recommending this site on the CCC again.
Trainman   
Sat May 08 2010, 05:35pm

Member No: #86
My 'old man' having been a Citroen mechanic for more years than I care to remember, I think, I've driven almost everything Citroen have built at one time or another.

I remember driving a CX 'Familille' and D 'Safari' after those we had a muiltitude of others 2CV, Ami, GS, GSA, another couple of CX's, BX's and estates, Xantia's and estates, Xsara (Bad mistake) , C5 and estate and now the C6, with a couple of other marques in between.

I think the only one I've never been in or driven is an SM, maybe one day........!
C6Dave   
Sat May 08 2010, 06:05pm

Member No: #1
Lazarus wrote ...

I had to create a new account to respond, funny that.

So, I won't bother. I think it's sufficient to say that if a forum can't handle negative comments about a car, without trolling, without insults, and without contacting privately the members the forum owner has an issue with, it's really not worth the effort.

I'd think it was a server issue, but clearly a new account works fine. So, DaveC6, please delete this and RichardKC6 accounts, and I'll stick to the thicker skinned and frankly, more relevant forums on the Citroën Car Club. You've done some nice work here, it's a shame you don't have the confidence, perspective and generosity to make it a truly open forum.

I will not be recommending this site on the CCC again.

?? No idea what your talking about but duplicate account aren't allowed so will delete the new one

There is no reason why the original shouldn't work, nothing has changed

BTW "without insults" you really need to read your personal posts and comments again
Website
pwa   
Mon May 17 2010, 07:51am
Member No: #116
Hi, my first post here.

I bought my C6 last monday and of course it's great. Regarding this thread, yes I have owned a CX 25 GTI from 1986 (before that I had a BX). I sold it 6 years ago and since the arrival of the C6 I have been keeping my eyes on it, waiting for the prices to drop. To me the C6 is like an updated CX and it's a fantastic update! My father drives a C2 and he has a B11 from 1953 in the garage so Citroen runs in the family.

Regards from a sunny Stockholm
tonyrome   
Tue May 18 2010, 12:21pm
Member No: #15
I drove two CX 25 Turbo II models, one of which had been tuned to 300PS! Many years ago, I owned a 160PS BX16V, which was a quick car for the time and a lot of fun.
Chris Burmajster   
Mon Jun 28 2010, 03:52pm
Member No: #81
I've had two CXs and loved them both, but they rusted like hell! It seems to me that the C6 combines the eccentricity of the CX with the build quality and reliability of a modern car.
black_exclusive   
Mon Jun 28 2010, 07:51pm
Member No: #126
Hmm, I'd say that dad has owned hundreds of CXs over the years!!!

My dad and I normally have a CX-count that's into the teens...it keeps us busy! These include GTi Turbos, Prestige, Pallas, Super, Rally Car...

Dad is also on the CX Section Comittee for the CCC too. Oh, by the way...anybody thinking of going to the CXM Rally at Little Horwood. I'll put some details in the Lounge section.

I can dig out some pictures of the CXs if you want.

Foxmc   
Tue Jun 29 2010, 03:38pm
Member No: #2
Now that is an awesome collection! Show us some pictures!
black_exclusive   
Tue Jun 29 2010, 07:07pm
Member No: #126
Here's possibly my favourite of the CX Rally Car in action:

Citroen CX Rally Car in Action by chevronsaver, on Flickr

travlician   
Wed Apr 27 2011, 01:55am
Member No: #350
Had my (probably last) drive in the CX today, it's now for sale after removing all the old stuff and organizing the spare parts for a possibble new owner. Still the CX feels more comfortable than the C6 but the fuel economy, neatness and equipment of the C6 are so much better and not to forget, I can't spend all my weekend maintaining a CX in a country without Citroen dealer (thanks to CX-basis though for their tremendous support over the years). I add a picture of both, grandmother and grandaugter

C6Dave   
Wed Apr 27 2011, 06:45am

Member No: #1
I assume that the CX will be staying on the island so you will still see it around?
Website
mark28   
Wed Apr 27 2011, 11:18am
Member No: #102
I owned a CX prestige and a DS21 . Love them all and am now falling in love with my new c6
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club