C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

USB box

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rog   
Wed Jun 12 2013, 01:48pm
Hi all
Well, just tried fitting my USB box. Unit just kept switching between aux and cd changer, with various selections of cd number and track numbers. Had an ipod playing and could make out small snippets of the track every so often, but that was it. Took it out and reconnected cd changer and all ok. Am sure I have read similar symptoms here somewhere but can't find now.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Rog   
Thu Jun 13 2013, 03:02pm
......no-one??
Rog   
Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:23am
Ok - anyone familiar with how to remove 6 disc player from its snug position in the boot?
Charly   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:11am
Member No: #892
I've just had the same thing. Was your and xcarlink or a dension?
Rog   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 01:12pm
It's the proper Citroen/Peugeot one.
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that someone had to actually power down the CD changer. Unplugging from the back of the head unit wasn't enough - but I might have imagined that!
Rog   
Thu Jun 27 2013, 07:46pm
Update - took to garage [ex Citroen dealer] and he did his thing with the PC. I now have sound from ipod/usb stick, and some kind of control from the cars system, but no track info display [from ipod], and song duration timer jumps around a lot........they suspect faulty unit/lead.
Has no one had any issues with these?

Rog
eduardomaio   
Wed Jul 03 2013, 10:03pm
Member No: #869
If it's a Exclusive I suppose you have RT3 with JBL. It seems that the track names and playlist names are not displayed.

As for the timer jumping around, I have seen a video for another adapter where disconnecting the CD changer solved this.
Website
Rog   
Fri Jul 05 2013, 08:59am
Yes eduardomaio you are correct on RT3 and JBL. Thanks for your response. If I press the list button it does display a list of folders but thats about it.
I had heard about possibility of disconnecting the CD changer. I will give this a go when I get the time, and work out how it comes out!

Thanks again

Rog
lugr78   
Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:22am
Member No: #1286
Hello,

I had same problems with my MP3 player - Yatour in my RT3 with JBL.There is also a video of my problem - - Click Here -
After disconecting CD player in the boot the problem was gone.
Just disconecting CD player from main unit - Radio is not enought.
It takes 10 minutes to disconect.
Rog   
Tue Jul 09 2013, 04:15pm
Ah, yes it is your video I remember watching. My situation is identical. Thankyou lugr78.
How does the cd changer come out?

Rog
lugr78   
Wed Jul 10 2013, 09:01am
Member No: #1286
If i remember right i just puled the liner of the trunk near CD changer away, removed boot seal in that area and removed torx 15 or 20 screw in CD changer. Then you just pull CD changer out, disconect the cable and put everything back in rewerse order.10 minutes max.
DiscoBison   
Wed Jul 10 2013, 11:12am
Member No: #989
I had the identical problem with my Citroen USB box and RT3 with CD changer and did just what lugr78 described last night.

I can confirm it does fix the skipping track display issue.

Rog   
Thu Jul 11 2013, 06:47pm
Many thanks for all help - all done today
Rog

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club