C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 parts in france? where to buy? rear ride height sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bigbruggsy   
Tue Oct 09 2018, 01:24pm
Member No: #3483
Hello all, Im an Australian in france with a beautiful but quite sad looking C6. We travelled down to the south of france from the netherlands last weekend during the trip the rear suspension had issues. Sometimes going to its lowest setting and then a few minutes later righting itself. We took it to a local mechanic who diagnosed its either one of the rear ride height sensors or the regulator. He did a temporary fix by bending the brackets so the car was not sitting so low when it had an error. No I need to buy 2 rear ride height sensors and their holding brackets. But I cant for the life of me find a website where I can buy these. Anyone have an ideas? Previously for my Saab's I had a few websites I could use, but here in france I cant find anything remotely like what I'm used to.

I think the part numbers are 5273J5 (rear left) 5273J6 (rear right) the holding brackets I have no part numbers for and the linkages are part number 527381

My C6 is a 2006 2.7L diesel (lefthand drive)

I hope someone out there can help, as Im getting quite frustrated
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 09 2018, 02:41pm

Member No: #1
Your probably going to have to use a main dealer as I just checked eBay.fr

Either a Citroen or Peugeot one should be able to get them if not in stock
Website
bigbruggsy   
Tue Oct 09 2018, 03:07pm
So there's no normal 3rd party website where you can by these? must be genuine?
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 09 2018, 05:13pm

Some parts are C6 specific but those sensors are also used on the C5 X7 and the front of a Peugeot 407

I did find a link to a .nl site for them - Click Here - plus Googling found a German site with used ones but new originals are circa 60 euro each so is it worth getting possibly dodgy used ones?
Website
bigbruggsy   
Tue Oct 09 2018, 08:41pm
Thanks for that. The dutch website will not post to France, issues with items getting lost? I will only buy new for that price difference. By the way does anyone know the part numbers for the sensor brackets for the rear?
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 08:08am

Looking at the parts list you need 5273 J2 & J3? which are circa 13 euro each.

Image taken from the tech doc: - Click Here - (which I have just uploaded)

Website
bigbruggsy   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 10:16am
Thank you! just ordered the parts I hopefully need. By the way how do you get access to that parts search website youve used? I have a feeling I'll need it again in the future.
cruiserphil   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 10:26am

Member No: #38
Get your local mechanic to check the regulator solenoid valve - - Click Here -.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club