Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 07:05pm

Member No: #86
BruceB wrote ...

C6Dave wrote ...

Why didn't you phone the dealers and get them to order one before you went?

What a simply e-x-t-r-a-o-r-d-i-n-a-r-y question, particularly from the Head Citroenist. Because (apart from assuming that it would be there) the sun was shining, and I had the chance to kill some time. Does one really need anything as prosaic as a reason to take a C6 on a gentle trundle in the country? Phoning would have denied me that.

I'm with you Bruce, I love the look on other customers faces as I 'trundle' in, plus my local dealers are really rather good and I usually end up getting a brew as well
Pappnase   
Mon May 27 2013, 07:53pm
Member No: #1044
Got mine today. For some reason, the dealer refused to give me the CD, saying they weren't allowed to do so. So I asked them to install it for me which is not a big deal as we all know.

I was mildly confused when I saw the bill. 92€ for updating the Satnav. I asked whether they were in fact serious to charge me that much and they canceled this position without further discussions. So only 472€ for the 120000 km service of which more than 200€ were oil and Eolys.

My Mira modifications stayed in place except the number of songs limit which was reset to 999. Otherwise there is no difference to 8.20 so far. Hope the update cures the frequent crashes which drove me sort of crazy while relying on Satnav in the UK.

P.S.: the V8.20 mp3limits script worked flawlessly.
Trainman   
Tue Jul 09 2013, 02:01pm

Member No: #86
I picked my disc up today, no problem and as has been mentioned for the sum of 5 pence
Rettopian   
Wed Jul 10 2013, 11:43am
Member No: #1195
Hi Guys,

What is this disc & what does it do? Is it worth getting?
BruceB   
Wed Jul 10 2013, 12:14pm
Member No: #234
Rettopian wrote ...
It is the latest satnav update. It will make a handy coaster, but I suspect that is not its primary purpose. Citroen say that it takes 30-40 minutes to install. Worth getting: well, it does seriously dent the wallet, costing 5p (including VAT, though, so you might be able to do a deal for cash - know wot I mean, Harry) at your friendly Citroen dealership, so you'll have to make your own mind up. Er, I haven't installed mine yet.
C6Dave   
Wed Jul 10 2013, 05:21pm

Member No: #1
Rettopian wrote ...

Hi Guys,

Speeds up the start routine, fixes a few bugs and for the princely sum of 5p how is it not worth getting?
Website
Rettopian   
Thu Jul 18 2013, 10:21am
Right - I have spoken with my friendly Citroen dealership (they are actually quite friendly...) who tell me the 5p disc is simply when invoicing against a warranty claim & consequently - won't sell it to me.

Ho Hum
BruceB   
Thu Jul 18 2013, 12:02pm
Member No: #234
Rettopian wrote ...
Right - I have spoken with my friendly Citroen dealership ... who ... won't sell it to me.
Do you want mine? I've uploaded now, so have no further use for it. Happy to post it. Send me a PM.
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 18 2013, 12:33pm

Rettopian wrote ...

Right - I have spoken with my friendly Citroen dealership (they are actually quite friendly...) who tell me the 5p disc is simply when invoicing against a warranty claim & consequently - won't sell it to me.

Ho Hum

They are taking the p**s surely?

It's a Citroen part with a part number than can be physically ordered.

You should write to Citroen UK letting them know that a franchised Dealer is not willing to sell you Citroen parts....................
Website
Rettopian   
Thu Jul 18 2013, 01:20pm
Thanks for the offer BruceB but no need to! In the end I phoned another dealership - who have it on order for me. So problem solved!

Thanks for the suggestion C6Dave - I get the impression that my dealership just runs scared of doing anything that they think is 'outside the norm' - such as the strut issue - now resolved - after much hassel & pushing.
Rettopian   
Mon Jul 22 2013, 09:40am
OK - I now have the disc with dire instructions that it should only be installed by a qualified technicin etc etc.

So - do I just bang it into the CD drive & drive around for 40 mins (Rather than just sitting there with the engine running) or is it more complicate than that?
C6Dave   
Mon Jul 22 2013, 12:26pm

Just start the car and make sure the engine is left running to avoid economy mode, stick the disc in the slot and let it run through the routine.

It would save fuel though if you did it whilst out on a run somewhere
Website
smihaialex   
Mon Jul 22 2013, 05:29pm
Member No: #1031
I've loged on to the citroen.navigation.com website and saw that there's also an updated CD set for Europe 2012-2013 and it's on sale for 129 GBP or €149 - Click Here -

My question is, would it be worth buying now, or waiting for the 2013-2014 update - when is their usual release date?!?

Thank you,
Sam
Rettopian   
Mon Jul 22 2013, 06:31pm
Thanks Dave - gives me an excuse to drive somewhere - with a purpose!
C6Dave   
Mon Jul 22 2013, 07:02pm

smihaialex wrote ...

I've loged on to the citroen.navigation.com website and saw that there's also an updated CD set for Europe 2012-2013 ............

My question is, would it be worth buying now, or waiting for the 2013-2014 update - when is their usual release date?!?

Usually the map updates are November/December time so personally, I would wait.
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club