C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Number plate holder.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Thu Jan 17 2013, 02:21pm
Member No: #954
I had an incidence with a speed-bump and the front of the car touched ground. The number plate and its holder fell off. No damage, but som cracks in the holder, so I should change it. Can I make the system more robust ? Is there a "cool" number plate holder I should use ("C6 Owners Club" or something).
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 17 2013, 05:03pm

Member No: #1
No C6owners available, you can buy Chrome ones with 'Citroen' on
Website
Tjensen   
Sun Jan 27 2013, 01:32pm
We have a local factory that makes holders with your text. So now i have the historical letters "DS CX XM C6" on the registartion plate holder
smihaialex   
Mon Jan 28 2013, 03:06pm
Member No: #1031
Personally, I prefer not using license plate holders... I see them as this ugly plasticky thing that just diminishes the classiness of the car's design

My car came with chrome license plate holders and while I was driving with temporary license plates, I kept them, but as soon as I got the permanent license plates, after registration, I just fixed them on the car using fix-tape (double sided adhesive tape)... IMNSHO it looks super, and I highly recommend it!

Having said that, if you guys (and @Dave especially) ever decide to have some official c6owners.org license plate holders, I will definitely change my mind and get a set

Thanks,
Sam
Gobxoy   
Tue Jan 29 2013, 09:35am
Member No: #786
Stainless steel looks great on black IMHO.
Didn't like the chromed plasic ones.

smihaialex   
Tue Jan 29 2013, 11:16am
They do look waaay better then mine did - firstly because they're stainless & not plastic - secondly because the rim - the stainless steel edge that's surrounding the license plate, is narrower & more elegant than on mine...

Cheerios,
Sam
Tjensen   
Tue Jan 29 2013, 11:41am
Yes, chrome is good on the back. at the front the best would be to mount it a bit higher and without a frame/plate. Then we could avoid accidents like mine, where the number plate holder is the lowest point and might touch ground on speed bumps.
magicands   
Tue Jan 29 2013, 01:08pm
Member No: #1021
Raise your suspension!!!
Website
smihaialex   
Tue Jan 29 2013, 02:43pm
Or, just do like I did and not get license plate holders at all Then, the front plate is as tall as the space where you're supposed to fix it

Cheerios,
Sam
Norman   
Fri Sep 21 2018, 10:18am
Member No: #364
Just screwed both number plates back on they were stuck on with double sided stick tape which in the Torremolinos hot sun decided to let go I found the rear one on the floor so drilled and screwed it back on, the front one came off in France so I screwed that on as well.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club