C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Wheel Hub Covers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Bishop   
Mon Apr 16 2012, 11:05am
Member No: #868
Hello out there. I'm new to the site and Forum, so, please go gently with me. I have a slightly unusual query/ request. Recently, on receiving my beloved ganache 2.7 HDI Exclusive C6 from the local hand-car wash,

I noticed that the grey paint that covers the very inner part of the plastic hub covers on the alloy wheels had been damaged by whatever cleaning fluid the said gang had used (I hate to consider what it might have been now).

Has anyone had any similar experience, and, does anyone know where I can get any replacements (apart from paying an arm and a leg from my local dealer)?
theguardian   
Mon Apr 16 2012, 12:50pm
Member No: #645
ive had the same problem but as far i know its going to be a main dealer
sorry i was quoted £16 + vat each
regards ron
Chevrons   
Mon Apr 16 2012, 01:06pm
Member No: #85
I reckon Ebay is your best chance; a search using the keywords 'Citroen cap' brings up a couple of auctions and a 'buy it now'.
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 16 2012, 01:33pm

Member No: #1
You could always strip them apart (not to difficult) and re paint them as well
Website
gmerry   
Tue Apr 17 2012, 02:41pm
Member No: #21
Hi, I reinstated the Citroen alloys this weekend past and guess what, it snowed that evening. Anyhow, I picked up the pile of Citroen hub covers from the shed, along side where I had stored the C6 and C4 summer wheels... they were too loose a fit and just fell out of the C6 alloys.

So believe it or not, the C6 plastic centres are NOT the same as the C4 plastic centres even though they look identical. So if you are after replacements, I suspect ebay will be useless and a dealer will be your only option for new. Or as Dave says, strip them apart and repaint, using special paint formulated for plastics.

Regards
G
Bishop   
Tue Apr 17 2012, 03:31pm
Member No: #868
Thanks to all for the helpful responses so far - I guess I'm off to Slip End Garages then (sadly, I can never prioritise the time for much car DIY!)
Ped   
Mon Apr 30 2012, 03:41pm
Member No: #82
Yeah mine are a bit discoloured around the black section holding the mini chevron. Just ordered some via Slough, £16 each. 2 weeks back order though so won't have them for a little while but it's one of those little jobs I have finally got round to doing!
smihaialex   
Fri Feb 01 2013, 10:58am
Member No: #1031
That's very very strange! I'm saying this because I have C6 centre hub covers on my C4 and C4 center hub covers on my C6 and they fit perfectly...

Sam

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club