C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Total Presentation on ACEA Specifications in PSA

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Wed Apr 28 2010, 07:31pm
Member No: #21
Good presentation on Southern Lubricants website by Total explaining the thinking behind ACEA service fill specifications for PSA FAP equipped diesels like our 2.7HDis

- Click Here -

In the Lube Library under Total open the presentation named Low Saps details

Look at the photo of the fouled EGR valve when using a normal non "low SAPS" oil.

Regards
C6Dave   
Thu Apr 29 2010, 06:02am

Member No: #1
Very interesting Gordon, helps explain why there are so many 'de pollution' errors and failing EGR valves on the C4, people are using the wrong oil!

BTW changed the link to the presentation as it wouldn't load correctly.
Website
gmerry   
Thu Apr 29 2010, 05:00pm
Member No: #21
Dave, thanks for tidy-up on the links etc.

Looking at the C4 site as you say, its not surprising that there are issues. I guess the C6 2.7HDi is a little newer and most have fewer miles, so problems might be further down the road. Probably worth being very specific with dealers when they service the car as to which oil, you the owner wan't used. Don't get fobbed off by as specified by Citroen.

If there is any interest here, I can post some more articles, link to ACEA sequences from 2004 and 2008.

Regards

G

C6Dave   
Thu Apr 29 2010, 06:22pm

Member No: #1
I'll add this to your 'Oil' thread over at C4owners as it might shut some of the 'doubters' up
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club