C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

The brain dies...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
drummond   
Mon Jun 16 2014, 08:07am
Member No: #238
For the second time, the car has stopped dead. First time, got it onto the hard shoulder, waited 5 minutes and restarted it after some churning. Car then went in "limp home" mode, only 1/2/3 gears.

The following morning, went to the dealers (about 20 miles) and on the way there, found-absolutely nothing wrong. Dealer said that it would take a week, etc, and then if there was nothing wrong, I could look at a large bill.

Wind forward six months, and as I'm coming around a corner at about 30mph, car dies. Everything electrical works, but no ignition. Faults galore-everything came on. I call ADAC, and they agree to send the AA. No hard shoulder- I'm on the A120, one lane in each direction, and stuck!

Half an hour later, OH says "try it", so I do. Fires second time, and we go 300 miles there and back. No problems.

I think, there's a fault in the ECU which is very intermittent. A friend with whom I went to supper on Saturday, who used to be a TVR dealer, agrees. I'm going to get it hooked up to Lexia, and have it looked at. And yes, I know how much it costs to replace the ECU...thank the Lord for a Citroen warranty.

Before I go to the garage, any ideas?

Tim
C6Dave   
Mon Jun 16 2014, 08:28am

Member No: #1
Engine Bay Fusebox it'self may be the problem Tim, the contacts underneath corrode with time.

Or, a faulty battery, silt in the bottom shorting a cell out.....
Website
drummond   
Tue Jun 17 2014, 07:15am
Member No: #238
Thanks Dave, I see that- I'm going to Forge this morning anyway, and armed with that we'll see.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club