French Trip car starting issues

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Daifaylo   
Sun Sep 30 2012, 05:37pm
Member No: #514
michaelb wrote ...

It does sound like a battery problem. It is possible for a battery to fail at three years old.

Best get it to your local (English speaking) garagiste and see what they think of the battery's and alternator's health.

Daifaylo, this sounds like a fuel pump issue I had similar problem with my C5 HPE and now yesterday similar symptoms with C6 2.2 Diesel lineage Battery sound and turned engine over also squeezed rge fuel line bulb got engine to fire several revs then died. Repeated This then engine fired and went home easily but with ocassional mis fire. All a repeat of my C5 which Citroen replaced the high pressure fuel pump and just left me with cost of labour. dont expect to be so lucky this time.
FCM   
Mon Oct 01 2012, 06:49pm
Member No: #866
Thanks again for replies and suggestions. Sportif had the car last week and, having tested the alternator and found it OK, came to the view that the problem was probably with the battery. Now have a new battery so hoping problem doesn't come come back. OK so far.

FCM
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club