Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

BLACK LIGNAGE - NOV 2008 MODEL

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Franglaisman   
Fri Apr 02 2010, 02:10pm
Member No: #66
I collected my Lignage from Howards Citroen in Weston -Super-Mare on Saturday 27th March after a hectic few days of driving. I'd driven my Chrsysler Voyager from Limoges, France to Bishops Stortford (where I have an apartment) on the Thursday and then dropped the car off at the local Mercedes dealership for a service on the Friday morning. I then drove to Sandown Park to help set up a stand for the VW Show there. We stayed in a local hotel and on Saturday a friend drove us to Weston in his Nissan Cube (!!!) - it's actually all a bit more complicated than this, but I don't want to bore you (and you'd never believe me anyway.)

After collecting the car, I drove back to Sandown (Esher) using the M5 and M4 motorways. I was very impressed. It's probably the 'softest' car I've driven in a while (and that includes a Bentley Arnage) - the suspension smooths out all the bumps and ruts - and I hadn't realised how rubbish UK roads had got . . . POT HOLES!!!

I didn't notice any of this wind noise or road noise that others had mentioned . . . it was a very pleasurable drive. If I'm honest. I'd prefer the seat to be a little 'higher' - but it's no biggie. I'd had a new 'Parrot' system fitted and I can strongly recommend them - it played my iPhone tunes through the stereo and faded down when the 'phone rang - and the hands free/bluetooth works great. Very pleased with it.

On Monday, I really 'abused' the car. I folded the back seats down and loaded it to the hilt with 'ex-pat essentials' (that included tins of paint, baked beans, brown sauce, etc. etc.) . . . I was probably well over the weight limit.

I then drove 600 miles straight back here and again it was a very pleasant drive (especially once back En France.) I love the heads up display too. Once I had figured how the cruise control works that was great too and the +/- button is a great addition (on my Chryslers one has to adjust the mph with one's foot on the throttle and 'set' again - the C6 system is much better IMO.)

So, it's mostly been motorway/autoroute driving so far (about 800 miles in total), although it handled the 'lanes' around my home very well too.

I have to say, I'm very impressed so far.

The car had less than 10,000 miles on it when I collected it and still feels very 'new'.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club